!!!HELP!!! A/C problem question???

Topics related to Lights, Radio, Stereo, Headunits, Alternators...

Moderator: volvite

jimbob2154

!!!HELP!!! A/C problem question???

Postby jimbob2154 » Wed Jul 03, 2019 1:24 pm

I have a '06 Pathfinder SE w/comfort package, 4.0 liter. The a/c has the manual/auto setting. With the a/c in manual operation, when I first turn it on, it starts blowing cold. It will be cold for 3-5 minutes, then start blowing just cool air. I have the temp control on 60 degrees, as low as it will set. It will run just cool for 3-5 minutes, then start blowing cold again. It does the same thing on the auto setting. It never does cool off the inside of the car. And, sometimes it will blow cold the first time and never start blowing cold again. Could this possibly be the temp sensor switch or what? I haven't asked a mechanic about it yet. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Zen_master

Re: !!!HELP!!! A/C problem question???

Postby Zen_master » Sun Jul 07, 2019 6:35 am

jimbob2154 wrote:I have a '06 Pathfinder SE w/comfort package, 4.0 liter. The a/c has the manual/auto setting. With the a/c in manual operation, when I first turn it on, it starts blowing cold. It will be cold for 3-5 minutes, then start blowing just cool air. I have the temp control on 60 degrees, as low as it will set. It will run just cool for 3-5 minutes, then start blowing cold again. It does the same thing on the auto setting. It never does cool off the inside of the car. And, sometimes it will blow cold the first time and never start blowing cold again. Could this possibly be the temp sensor switch or what? I haven't asked a mechanic about it yet. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Encountered a similar problem in mine just months after purchase (only real problem experienced with the truck) where the A/C would not modulate. Whether the A/C was set to 60 or 75 it ran at max cold. To be clear the blower worked fine, it was the temp that was malfunctioning. Ultimately ended up being some sensor the dealer swapped out under warranty and never had a problem since.

jimbob2154

Found the problem!!

Postby jimbob2154 » Mon Jul 08, 2019 4:00 pm

I traveled out of town this morning. I had a bottom radiator hose clamp crack and the hose blew off. I put a new clamp on, filled the radiator back up, and the A/C started working. It had been running a little hot the last few days, the same time as the a/c problem. This was causing the a/c to not work. I get lucky every once in a while.
A simple fix that I SHOULD HAVE FOUND OUT EARLIER!!

Return to “R51 Electrical”