Grease seals for front wheels, Frankinstine Pathfinder

Anything automotive in nature, be it Nissan or one of those "other" manufacturers.

Moderator: volvite

pgbarrow

Grease seals for front wheels, Frankinstine Pathfinder

Postby pgbarrow » Tue Jun 05, 2018 7:07 pm

Hi everyone,

I have a bit of a Frankenstein I'm dealing with and could use some help. I have a 1994 Pathfinder with a 3" Calmini lift kit on it. The previous owner converted the front differential and axles to a 87' with manual locking hubs. I have been in the process of fixing a truck shaking thunking noise and have gone about it by getting a new manufactured axle (for an 87'-89') and a junk yard spindle off a 95' pathfinder. Everything was going well until I went to install the axle/spindle combination in the vehicle at which point I discovered the new grease seal (the one installed in the back of the spindle between the axle and spindle) would not seat properly. This is due to the new grease seal, which I got from Napa, not being the same size as the old one in the original 94' spindle. The internal diameter is noticeably smaller on the older seal. I am at a loss because the guys at Napa have told me that there is only one seal for all Pathfinders and D21 trucks from approximately 87' to 2000 something. Does anyone have any idea on this? I have ordered another seal through the Nissan dealer and will check on that tomorrow.

Sincerely ,

Paul

Return to “General Automotive”