08 aftermarket subwoofer/amp install(wire colors)

Oh yeah, it's the geek bling with flashing lights, just can't get enough.

Moderator: volvite

soupy

08 aftermarket subwoofer/amp install(wire colors)

Postby soupy » Tue Jun 26, 2018 3:47 pm

I am currently trying to install 2 subs and an aftermarket amp to the current Bose system. Basically I want to bypass the sub in the back all together, it's blown. However, I cannot find any color chart for the wires coming from the Bose amp to Bose sub. There's 5 wires, but the colors don't make any sense. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

smj999smj
Site Admin

Postby smj999smj » Wed Jun 27, 2018 11:39 am

I know this doesn't answer your question, but, FYI, the common problem on the Base subwoofer is that the two speakers get blow out; I don't ever hear of problems with the subwoofer amp, itself. Nissan only sells the speakers as part of the expensive subwoofer box assembly, but Bose Corp. sells just the speakers for $60 each. I just bought two from them for my 2006 LE.

https://automotive.bose.com/contact-us

jontyrees

Postby jontyrees » Fri Nov 09, 2018 10:41 am

Sorry for reviving an old thread, but I'm curious. Where IS the amp for the subs? Any idea of specs? I know the two little subs are 1 ohm each, would I be correct in thinking they are wired in series for a 2ohm load? Also, does it have a gain knob? That may seem like a really hopeful question, but I once had a 2004 Pontiac GTO (Holden Monaro), that had a small separate amp for a 6x9 sub in the parcel shelf. That had a little knurled knob that controlled the gain, even though I think it was only 40w.

Return to “NAV/GPS/Audio/Electronics”