The Nissan Path Forum Index The Nissan Path
The World Wide Nissan Pathfinder Owner's Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Use Google to search TheNissanPath forums ->
Oil cooler leak

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Nissan Path Forum Index -> General Automotive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nutty70

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2018 9:20 am    Post subject: Oil cooler leak Reply with quote

Hi could anyone point me in the right direction.My 07 Pathfinder has a small oil leak coming from what I believe to be the gearbox oil cooler. The oil seems to come from the small pipe top right of the front small radiator . A garage has put a second clip on it but still not stopped it. Dose anyone have any ideas how to stop it? Is it a new pipe or new radiator? Also dose anyone have a workshop manual on a pdf they could share please
bookcabsinchandigarh

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2018 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. Oil leaking from oil cooler. One of the components that are part of the oil cooling system is the oil cooler adapter. The adapter connects oil lines to the cooler itself and another adapter sends "cooled" oil back into the oil pan.
smj999smj
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2018 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bookcabsinchandigarh wrote:
1. Oil leaking from oil cooler. One of the components that are part of the oil cooling system is the oil cooler adapter. The adapter connects oil lines to the cooler itself and another adapter sends "cooled" oil back into the oil pan.

You're talking about the engine oil cooler, which does have issues occasionally with the gasket leaking. He's talking about the transmission cooler in front of the radiator and A/C condenser.
smj999smj
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2018 3:46 pm    Post subject: Re: Oil cooler leak Reply with quote

nutty70 wrote:
Hi could anyone point me in the right direction.My 07 Pathfinder has a small oil leak coming from what I believe to be the gearbox oil cooler. The oil seems to come from the small pipe top right of the front small radiator . A garage has put a second clip on it but still not stopped it. Dose anyone have any ideas how to stop it? Is it a new pipe or new radiator? Also dose anyone have a workshop manual on a pdf they could share please

In front of the A/C condenser is not a small radiator (even though it looks like one, sorta), but the automatic transmission auxiliary oil cooler. Whether it's a crack in the pipe or a split or hole in the cooler hose is impossible to say from a forum level. The automatic transmission fluid needs to be cleaned off and the leak identified to the specific part. I'm sure you were hoping for a more specific answer than that, but leaks at the auxiliary trans cooler aren't real common to say whether it is one or the other. It may even require some disassembly to pinpoint the cause of the leak.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Nissan Path Forum Index -> General Automotive All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: