Oil cooler leak

Anything automotive in nature, be it Nissan or one of those "other" manufacturers.

Moderator: volvite

nutty70

Oil cooler leak

Postby nutty70 » Fri Jul 13, 2018 10:20 am

Hi could anyone point me in the right direction.My 07 Pathfinder has a small oil leak coming from what I believe to be the gearbox oil cooler. The oil seems to come from the small pipe top right of the front small radiator . A garage has put a second clip on it but still not stopped it. Dose anyone have any ideas how to stop it? Is it a new pipe or new radiator? Also dose anyone have a workshop manual on a pdf they could share please

bookcabsinchandigarh

Postby bookcabsinchandigarh » Mon Sep 03, 2018 11:27 pm

1. Oil leaking from oil cooler. One of the components that are part of the oil cooling system is the oil cooler adapter. The adapter connects oil lines to the cooler itself and another adapter sends "cooled" oil back into the oil pan.

smj999smj
Site Admin

Postby smj999smj » Tue Sep 04, 2018 4:36 pm

bookcabsinchandigarh wrote:1. Oil leaking from oil cooler. One of the components that are part of the oil cooling system is the oil cooler adapter. The adapter connects oil lines to the cooler itself and another adapter sends "cooled" oil back into the oil pan.
You're talking about the engine oil cooler, which does have issues occasionally with the gasket leaking. He's talking about the transmission cooler in front of the radiator and A/C condenser.

smj999smj
Site Admin

Re: Oil cooler leak

Postby smj999smj » Tue Sep 04, 2018 4:46 pm

nutty70 wrote:Hi could anyone point me in the right direction.My 07 Pathfinder has a small oil leak coming from what I believe to be the gearbox oil cooler. The oil seems to come from the small pipe top right of the front small radiator . A garage has put a second clip on it but still not stopped it. Dose anyone have any ideas how to stop it? Is it a new pipe or new radiator? Also dose anyone have a workshop manual on a pdf they could share please
In front of the A/C condenser is not a small radiator (even though it looks like one, sorta), but the automatic transmission auxiliary oil cooler. Whether it's a crack in the pipe or a split or hole in the cooler hose is impossible to say from a forum level. The automatic transmission fluid needs to be cleaned off and the leak identified to the specific part. I'm sure you were hoping for a more specific answer than that, but leaks at the auxiliary trans cooler aren't real common to say whether it is one or the other. It may even require some disassembly to pinpoint the cause of the leak.

Return to “General Automotive”