Lift Kit troubles :(

Topics relating to Lift Kits, Suspension, Steering...

Moderator: volvite

Code Pathfinder

Lift Kit troubles :(

Postby Code Pathfinder » Thu Aug 09, 2018 10:38 am

After doing my shocks, i moved on to installing my 2 inch suspension lift on my pathy.

It didn't go so well :(

I began on the front passenger side to install the spacers. Most of the nuts and bolts came free until it was time to remove the lower strut bolt. MAN that bolt wouldn't budge. I tried everything i had on me and after a little bit of effort i got the bolt moving by using a breaker bar and my foot.

This took forever and i decided to leave the project for another day. The drivers side had the same issues as well.

I didn't attempt the rear suspension but the bolts will be easy to remove. The shop I went to loosened all the bolts up and added anti seize to all of the bolts for me.

To make matters worse, i took the pathy to get an alignment and was told the front camber bolts are seized. I had a feeling this would happen (MN Vehicle :evil: )

The shop wanted $750 to remove the bolts with a torch and saw, put new bushings in, use my MOOG camber bolts, and install everything back together. I passed because the shops owner told me the camber is close enough to spec but if i was to do a lift kit, the camber would be pushed farther into the negative.

So my options are limited at the moment for my lift kit. I start college in a few weeks and dont have a job at the moment.

The lift will have to wait for now :(

disallow
Site Admin

Postby disallow » Fri Aug 10, 2018 1:24 am

I had similar issues with mine a few years ago. My solution was to hit the adjustment Bolts with penetrating oil every day for about 2 weeks before the alignment, took it ti a different shop, didn't tell them the last guys couldnt do the alignment, and the had no issues.

BullDozer

Re: Lift Kit troubles :(

Postby BullDozer » Sat Aug 11, 2018 7:32 pm

Code Pathfinder wrote:After doing my shocks, i moved on to installing my 2 inch suspension lift on my pathy.

It didn't go so well :(

I began on the front passenger side to install the spacers. Most of the nuts and bolts came free until it was time to remove the lower strut bolt. MAN that bolt wouldn't budge. I tried everything i had on me and after a little bit of effort i got the bolt moving by using a breaker bar and my foot.

This took forever and i decided to leave the project for another day. The drivers side had the same issues as well.

I didn't attempt the rear suspension but the bolts will be easy to remove. The shop I went to loosened all the bolts up and added anti seize to all of the bolts for me.

To make matters worse, i took the pathy to get an alignment and was told the front camber bolts are seized. I had a feeling this would happen (MN Vehicle :evil: )

The shop wanted $750 to remove the bolts with a torch and saw, put new bushings in, use my MOOG camber bolts, and install everything back together. I passed because the shops owner told me the camber is close enough to spec but if i was to do a lift kit, the camber would be pushed farther into the negative.

So my options are limited at the moment for my lift kit. I start college in a few weeks and dont have a job at the moment.

The lift will have to wait for now :(
In case you didn’t know:
2009 model- front camber bolts are not adjustable. If you decide to lift get adjustable front camber

disallow
Site Admin

Postby disallow » Sat Aug 11, 2018 8:30 pm

Just buy the Bolts and swap them in!

Code Pathfinder

Lift kit

Postby Code Pathfinder » Mon Dec 10, 2018 8:49 pm

Well after some digging, I found out that my college's Automotive program works on student vehicles :D

I contacted the head of the automotive program and he gave me the thumbs up for them to install my lift kit tomorrow!

Hoping for the best

palmerwmd
Site Admin

Re: Lift kit

Postby palmerwmd » Mon Dec 10, 2018 11:46 pm

Code Pathfinder wrote:Well after some digging, I found out that my college's Automotive program works on student vehicles :D

I contacted the head of the automotive program and he gave me the thumbs up for them to install my lift kit tomorrow!

Hoping for the best
Yay! :D

Code Pathfinder

Dropped Off

Postby Code Pathfinder » Tue Dec 11, 2018 8:05 am

Pathy dropped off.

Should be ready by tomorrow or Thursday

definitely posting before and after pics

palmerwmd
Site Admin

Postby palmerwmd » Tue Dec 11, 2018 9:16 am

PS: Love that Nissan flag in your avatar by your Pathy!!!

Code Pathfinder

Postby Code Pathfinder » Tue Dec 11, 2018 10:02 am

Thanks!

I usually fly it when im at car shows.

here another pic with it

palmerwmd
Site Admin

Postby palmerwmd » Wed Dec 12, 2018 11:00 am

I used to have a Nissan banner that I would break out at meets :)

Return to “R51 Suspension and Steering”