Potential new apathy owner

Post a pic of your ride, tell us where you're from, what vehicle your Path replaced, etc etc.

Moderator: volvite

Brock31

Potential new apathy owner

Postby Brock31 » Tue Aug 21, 2018 4:11 am

Good morning all!

We’re in the process of potentially taking ownership of a R51 pathfinder, pending inspection etc..

It’s a 2011 Silver Edition with 46k miles. 1 owner, clean car fax and extensive maintenance records.

This will be replacing (hopefully) our 2006 Xterra which has serves us extremely well for the past 9 years. But, the kids are outgrowing the back seat and a 3rd row will be needed.

As the Pathy is roughly the same layout, engine and tranny (for the most part, I think) i’ll Be pretty comfortable underneath it and under the hood.

That said, is there anything I should look at further aside from basic stuff? Any weird areas know to make sounds, speaks, clunks? Not so obvious leak areas? Weak points? Areas prone to rust that aren’t obvious?

Any and all input is appreciated!

Thanks to all in advance!
-Brock

palmerwmd
Site Admin

Postby palmerwmd » Thu Sep 13, 2018 3:35 pm

The R51 is mechanically very similar to your XTerra except it has a better rear suspension.

You surmised correctly, Motor and tranny are same (as are other parts).

Sounds like u got nice vehicle at tat low milage!

As a 11 the potential problems with SMOD and timing chain dont apply to it.

My advise would be to change all fluids.... and i mean all.. radiator, brake, rear diff, tranny, front diff, transfercase, powersteering.

At the age milage of your SUV chances are good previous owner hasnt done those.

Return to “New Members, Sound Off!”