The Nissan Path Forum Index The Nissan Path
The World Wide Nissan Pathfinder Owner's Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Use Google to search TheNissanPath forums ->
Anyone own a V8 Pathy and have a review?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Nissan Path Forum Index -> R51 Miscellaneous
View previous topic :: View next topic  
palmerwmd

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2018 6:29 pm    Post subject: Anyone own a V8 Pathy and have a review? Reply with quote

Pros/Cons etc?
reliability?

I know they are rare but I hope someone here has one..
Apparently alot of the XTerra guys doing the 5.6L swaps into their rides at no small expense.. and rave about the outcome.

2012 V6 4WD, in Grey over Grey
Jtman

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2018 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bought mine one year ago, 2008 V8, and it has been my favorite vehicle in a long time. I sold my 2008 Range Rover Sport SC, which was a gorgeous ride, but got sick of it being in the shop every month for nearly 1K a pop.

I looked all over Canada, found one I liked in Calgary, flew one way to pick it up and in a couple of hours and 7K in cash later, I was on the road for twelve hours back to Vancouver. "Bluebell" as I call her had 155K miles (250K Kilometers) and now has about 165K miles. She has had all weather (not all season) tires since I got her and she had no problem in the mountains with 2 ft of snow.

The only cons are the suspension, but I suspect they're the same as on the V6 models, as they're "hoppy" on uneven roads and the exhaust manifolds are known to crack on the VK56. I don't know about the later models but the ones that came out around this time have this issue and they're pricey to replace. Take them off and get headers instead.

The pros are the torque and power. It pulls like a mofo and the engine itself, obviously (at 165K miles) is reliable. I haven't had to do anything to is other than the ABS actuator I mentioned in another thread. I love this truck and the V8.
palmerwmd

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jtman wrote:
I bought mine one year ago, 2008 V8, and it has been my favorite vehicle in a long time. I sold my 2008 Range Rover Sport SC, which was a gorgeous ride, but got sick of it being in the shop every month for nearly 1K a pop.

I looked all over Canada, found one I liked in Calgary, flew one way to pick it up and in a couple of hours and 7K in cash later, I was on the road for twelve hours back to Vancouver. "Bluebell" as I call her had 155K miles (250K Kilometers) and now has about 165K miles. She has had all weather (not all season) tires since I got her and she had no problem in the mountains with 2 ft of snow.

The only cons are the suspension, but I suspect they're the same as on the V6 models, as they're "hoppy" on uneven roads and the exhaust manifolds are known to crack on the VK56. I don't know about the later models but the ones that came out around this time have this issue and they're pricey to replace. Take them off and get headers instead.

The pros are the torque and power. It pulls like a mofo and the engine itself, obviously (at 165K miles) is reliable. I haven't had to do anything to is other than the ABS actuator I mentioned in another thread. I love this truck and the V8.

Thanks JT!

What kind of milage are you seeing on the highway on long distance drives?
And are you running the recommended premium, mid range or regular?

2012 V6 4WD, in Grey over Grey
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Nissan Path Forum Index -> R51 Miscellaneous All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: