installing single din radio in the pocket below center stack

Topics related to Lights, Radio, Stereo, Headunits, Alternators...

Moderator: volvite

paradigm

installing single din radio in the pocket below center stack

Postby paradigm » Thu Jun 28, 2018 1:30 pm

Is there a way to install a single din radio in the pocket below the center stack of a 2010 bose equipped pathfinder?

I am talking about the pocket below the hvac controls and above the heated seat controls in this image:

Scoop1103

I’m curious...

Postby Scoop1103 » Mon Jul 09, 2018 8:47 pm

There may or may not be a way to install a single DIN in that slot, but I’m curious about your reason for wanting such. If the reason is to improve the sound quality without having to do a custom install because of the complicated Bose system, then you might consider a sound processor. If I understand correctly, those are what is needed to get rid of all the additional timing and equalizer tweaks done by the factory radio for the factory speakers. If you intend to add an amplifier, or even higher quality speakers you’ll need one of those to get a clean signal to send to your amp. Crutchfield has an article on them and several in stock.

https://www.crutchfield.com/g_318850/So ... l?tp=61671

paradigm

Re: I’m curious...

Postby paradigm » Tue Sep 11, 2018 12:52 pm

Scoop1103 wrote:There may or may not be a way to install a single DIN in that slot, but I’m curious about your reason for wanting such. If the reason is to improve the sound quality without having to do a custom install because of the complicated Bose system, then you might consider a sound processor. If I understand correctly, those are what is needed to get rid of all the additional timing and equalizer tweaks done by the factory radio for the factory speakers. If you intend to add an amplifier, or even higher quality speakers you’ll need one of those to get a clean signal to send to your amp. Crutchfield has an article on them and several in stock.

https://www.crutchfield.com/g_318850/So ... l?tp=61671
The reason I wanted to go with a single DIN unit was to be able to play MP3s directly from a USB, add bluetooth, and stiill retain the factory screen with the HVAC camera and reverse camera. I wanted to be able to have pre-amp outputs to connect a 4 channel amp and subwoofer amp.

However now that I am thinking of it, the factory bose unit is fine for mids/highs. I may go with a line level output to send a signal to a subwoofer amp, and I may just add a bluetooth aux adapter. This may end up being the cheapest / simplest way to get some loud music with my mp3 collection in the pathfinder.

Return to “R51 Electrical”