Bilstein Questions

Topics relating to Lift Kits, Suspension, Steering...

Moderator: volvite

RedZeppelin

Bilstein Questions

Postby RedZeppelin » Mon Sep 24, 2018 9:00 am

So this is a bit of a strange request but bear with me.

I found out recently that my radflos are extended travel titan length, which is why they have been extremely too stiff for me in the last 1.5 years that I've had them, and why I have a (previously unexplainable) 4 inch lift in the front. So I'm going to swap the front with Bilstein 5100 adjustable length shocks to try and alleviate these issues and make it so that even a small washboard road won't shake the truck to death.

Unfortunately, since the stock struts and springs were basically shot, I threw them away and don't have the original parts for the upper mount. I need to know what parts I need besides the struts and lower shock mounting bolt for this swap to be successful, and what order they are from top to bottom. E.g. top mounting nuts, mounting plates, isolator, etc.

Beyond that, does anyone know if the 5100 adjustable shocks would take the weight of an ARB front bumper? If so what springs would be best to handle the preload? Thanks!

Edit: For reference, here's a picture of my cart in Rockauto, do I need anything else besides the bilsteins and the springs?

http://imgur.com/a/wh2GVx5

smj999smj
Site Admin

Postby smj999smj » Tue Sep 25, 2018 1:15 pm

You can go to NissanPartsDeal.com and they have actual Nissan part diagrams there. If you look up the strut, it'll provide a blow-up diagram of the strut and you can figure out what parts you'll need. Then, you can just look the aftermarket alternative on Rockauto. FYI, KYB makes the OE part for Nissan.

Thupertrooper

Postby Thupertrooper » Fri Sep 28, 2018 2:52 pm

600lb is a common spring for winch bumpers. But usually come in aftermarket coilovers. You can check out old man emu for stock style springs but higher ratings.

A Titan length coilover would not fit in a stock setup pathfinder. Sounds more like the springs are too stiff on the radflos.
The radlfos are easier to adjust for ride height then 5100s.
5100s you have to remove the spring to adjust.

Difference between a normal and extended length radflo are the top hats. Its either aluminum for extended or welded steel for regular. You could be running a titan swap length which is to be ran with uca and lca of a titan or armada.

Check out nissteclifts.com prg or rugged rocks for aftermarket parts.

Return to “R51 Suspension and Steering”