rusty rear fender

Upgrades and modifications to Trims, Seats, Carpets, Roof Racks, Panels, Dashboard, Bumpers, Rocksliders, Paint, Decals...

Moderator: volvite

paradigm

rusty rear fender

Postby paradigm » Mon Sep 24, 2018 12:54 pm

My right rear fender is rusting pretty bad. The two inside lips at somepoint got debris between them and started to rust. Common problem with Nissan / Infinitis in general.

The truck is black.

What are your thoughts on using POR-15 gloss back and simply painting over the rust?

Graham W

Postby Graham W » Tue Sep 25, 2018 2:05 am

Id lke to wake up in the morning and slap make-up on my face, but it wont make me look better!! ( mainly cos im an ugly dude, and also im not a girl ! )

But painting over the rust without treating it wont make it pretty, it will just hide the corrosion laying within, which will soon jump out again.

Id personally treat what i could with a premium rust paint and then weld/fill the rest with metal filler or metal.

Or plan be remove and replace.

BullDozer

Postby BullDozer » Tue Oct 23, 2018 4:10 am

Same issue here. Typically will see more on right as right has more salt rain from street angle

I have seen different YouTube videos some for some against just painting right over. I think it is better than nothing.

Try to remove tire and softly clean. Maybe air pressure what you can remove. Then spray over. The more time you invest the beyter results

Return to “R51 Body Interior and Exterior”