The Nissan Path Forum Index The Nissan Path
The World Wide Nissan Pathfinder Owner's Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Use Google to search TheNissanPath forums ->
Sometimes I find myself eyeing 4runners but then...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Nissan Path Forum Index -> R51 Miscellaneous
View previous topic :: View next topic  
palmerwmd

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2018 3:39 pm    Post subject: Sometimes I find myself eyeing 4runners but then... Reply with quote

But then i realize that at a fraction of the cost the R51 is easily its equal.

The current Gen 4RUnner is still based on its 09 redesign despite the "refreshs"

A good condition R51 is still quite competitive with a brand new 4Runner in every category except curb appeal.

That is all Very Happy

2012 V6 4WD, in Grey over Grey

Last edited by palmerwmd on Wed Sep 26, 2018 6:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
smj999smj

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2018 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My issue with the 4runner and the Tacoma has always been the seating position and the bottom seat cushions. They aren't a very comfortable vehicle for anything more than a local trip. Parts also tend to be more expensive, on average, than Nissan parts. I'll stick with my R51!
00pathySE

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2018 5:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No VQ power...forget it!!
underworld1001

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2018 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Agreed with 00pathySE. I had a 06 G35 back in the day and I gotta say, the VQ has got some balls when you floor it. Not only that it sounds great as well. Can't tell you how many people I've had in my truck who's surprised it's a V6.
2011 SV V6 - BF Goodrich KO2 LT265/75 17-C, StopTech slotted rotors (934.42044), AEM DryFlow drop-in air filter (28-20286), free air box mod, Xtreme Truck Performance IMS (http://extremetruckperformance.com/?page_id=6), Bilstein 4600's (F-24-197427 / R-24-197434), Moog springs (F-81280 / R-81119 ), CSF aluminum radiator (7029)
ShipFixer

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2018 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wanted a 4Runner but the seats are always too low to the ground. Can't get comfortable driving one. I've rented the latest Highlander on surfing trips and like it a lot, but it's not going to replace the Pathfinder as it's, well...a Highlander. It probably suits my needs better than the Pathfinder in 2018 but I don't like the idea of rolling up to the top of the mountain in one.

And now that I've had IRS in the Pathfinder with Bilsteins and whatnot for so long, riding in a friend's XTerra, 4Runner, or Tahoe down the highway just feels like too much of a compromise.

In Saudi Arabia, my government vehicle was a 2011 Ford Expedition with IRS and I liked the way it handled a lot. The engine however was badly underpowered and the traction control was ancient compared to the Pathfinder; one slight bump and it would seriously dial back throttle to compensate. If the new Expedition with the Ecoboost V-6 drives more like the Pathfinder...maybe someday.

Ford Explorer Sport has pull like the Pathfinder but doesn't quite drive like it...which some Bilsteins and other parts would probably fix. Mileage is about the same so it would be a one for one replacement in cost :-/ I rented a regular Explorer for a week and liked it, but the engine is super pedestrian.

Never, ever the R52. I also looked at Muranos when I got the Pathfinder but that CVT business doesn't do it for me.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Nissan Path Forum Index -> R51 Miscellaneous All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: