Speaker crackle/ squeal

Topics related to Lights, Radio, Stereo, Headunits, Alternators...

Moderator: volvite

Graham W

Speaker crackle/ squeal

Postby Graham W » Sat Oct 06, 2018 2:40 am

Do all the Pathy's have a seperate amp?

I had all 4 speakers replaced about 6 months ago as they were shot to hell.

Last few days the rear left speaker has popped and squealed even if i fade the balance to the front. under the drivers seat ive the sat nav DVD, no amp, its not the Bose system.

Idea's?

Before i go back to the speaker/radio store for them to rip the door off again.

Graham W

Postby Graham W » Thu Nov 22, 2018 4:30 am

Im hoping ive fixed my issue.

Removing the centre console ( see other posts for that bit or pm and ill help )

I removed the 4 self tappers and removed the 6 disk changer unit which is also the radio tuner and AMP for the speakers.
I sprayed up all the cables on the back, 3 blocks which pull out the back. I also sprayed the connections in the back of the unit.
Basically went OTT with the contact cleaner.

But the whole thing back together and touch wood all seems ok so far. Sounds daft but even the sound quality sounds better.

The units are a Clarion make, Google Nissan PN-2715N and can be found on the web for a price.

My Plan B would be to pull and isolate the rear speaker wires from the back of the head, cos its easier to get to the back of the head in one go that pulling two doors apart ! But hopefully wont need to.

Plan C is to replace the head unit from Internet in hope the unit has dry solder joints causing the rear amp output to fail and cause the noise.

Heres a pic of the facia down so you can see the layout. I find if i can see it i can understand it works good when im planning lol

ImageIMG_5046

Graham W

Postby Graham W » Thu Nov 22, 2018 4:31 am

spoke to soon, sqeeeeeeel and buzzing from the rear left speaker again. The 'secret' menu shows no errors. so my assumption is its the amp failing on the rear channels...... so as they are about £200 ive pinged the door panels off in the front corners and cut the speaker cables.

When i can afford to replace the amp i can pop the panels off again and rejoin the cables.

Im not an audioocd'er and the fronts sound ok so its not a big worry.

Return to “R51 Electrical”