The Nissan Path Forum Index The Nissan Path
The World Wide Nissan Pathfinder Owner's Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Use Google to search TheNissanPath forums ->
Sat nav dash ...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Nissan Path Forum Index -> R51 Electrical
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Graham W

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2018 4:32 am    Post subject: Sat nav dash ... Reply with quote

I have the sat nav dash in my PF.
Was looking at taking it out and putting a
Double din in where the screen is so I can use Apple play and
generally have a better unit.

Questions :-

Has any one done this ? I’ve no amp under the seat so assume it’s direct
wiring for speakers? There is a DVD unit under seat.

Also where the buttons are can a din cupboard be slipped in there?
The blank ones for coins and sweet papers etc .

No Mods, Just added OEM Roof Cross bars, Towbar and secondary front rescue hooks and front LED lightbar. Oh and an electric fleece blanket for my GF as she feels the cold!
mr_trhn

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2019 12:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Graham (if you are still around),

I am also a new comer for this old PF world, and unfortunately it seems like we are the few and proud owners who are still around in these kind of forums. I have a 2007 PF just for 3 months.

Coming back to your question: I also visited tons of web pages and forums, and my conclusion is, if you want to have a aux in or bluetooth connectivity for your phone other than just phone calls, unfortunately we are out of options and shall say goodbye to our original stereo.
Yes, there are dozens of cheap/expensive options on the market, which you can put into your PF, at the cost of loosing the functionality of all navigation and other control buttons linked to the original car stereo. The control buttons on steering wheel might be 90%-95% programmed to a double din stereo (if the new stereo supports that, most of them do) depending on the "ohm" value of the signals coming from the steering wheel. I haven't done that conversion as I want to keep the originality of my PF, however its a pity to not to have a mirrorlink to your phone or listening to music via bluetooth. We all know that the car is 12 years old now.
Graham W

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2019 5:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Decided not to worry about it.

Ive cut the rear speakers cables as the 'rear amp' on the head is faulty and now just burn mp3 disks and fill the 6 changers up. Annoys the kids as my taste in music isnt the same as a 14 year olds !! Baby shark rules lmao

No Mods, Just added OEM Roof Cross bars, Towbar and secondary front rescue hooks and front LED lightbar. Oh and an electric fleece blanket for my GF as she feels the cold!
underworld1001

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2019 6:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Graham W wrote:
... Annoys the kids as my taste in music isnt the same as a 14 year olds !! Baby shark rules lmao

HAHAHA! Ah, I hate that song. My 7.5 month old gets all giddy when it comes on. If she actually had a choice it would be Baby Shark 24/7. That and Paw Patrol.

Anyhow, I don't have anything useful to contribute to this conversation so I'm out!
2011 SV V6 - BF Goodrich KO2 LT265/75 17-C, StopTech slotted rotors (934.42044), AEM DryFlow drop-in air filter (28-20286), free air box mod, Xtreme Truck Performance IMS (http://extremetruckperformance.com/?page_id=6), Bilstein 4600's (F-24-197427 / R-24-197434), Moog springs (F-81280 / R-81119 ), CSF aluminum radiator (7029)
Graham W

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2019 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

@underworld1001

You always have something to contribute!!!

But just for you.......

https://youtu.be/XqZsoesa55w

https://youtu.be/0ql9wrAyk-k

https://youtu.be/jofNR_WkoCE

lol

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Nissan Path Forum Index -> R51 Electrical All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: