Sat nav dash ...

Topics related to Lights, Radio, Stereo, Headunits, Alternators...

Moderator: volvite

Graham W

Sat nav dash ...

Postby Graham W » Mon Oct 08, 2018 5:32 am

I have the sat nav dash in my PF.
Was looking at taking it out and putting a
Double din in where the screen is so I can use Apple play and
generally have a better unit.

Questions :-

Has any one done this ? I’ve no amp under the seat so assume it’s direct
wiring for speakers? There is a DVD unit under seat.

Also where the buttons are can a din cupboard be slipped in there?
The blank ones for coins and sweet papers etc .

mr_trhn

Postby mr_trhn » Wed Jan 16, 2019 1:04 am

Hi Graham (if you are still around),

I am also a new comer for this old PF world, and unfortunately it seems like we are the few and proud owners who are still around in these kind of forums. I have a 2007 PF just for 3 months.

Coming back to your question: I also visited tons of web pages and forums, and my conclusion is, if you want to have a aux in or bluetooth connectivity for your phone other than just phone calls, unfortunately we are out of options and shall say goodbye to our original stereo.
Yes, there are dozens of cheap/expensive options on the market, which you can put into your PF, at the cost of loosing the functionality of all navigation and other control buttons linked to the original car stereo. The control buttons on steering wheel might be 90%-95% programmed to a double din stereo (if the new stereo supports that, most of them do) depending on the "ohm" value of the signals coming from the steering wheel. I haven't done that conversion as I want to keep the originality of my PF, however its a pity to not to have a mirrorlink to your phone or listening to music via bluetooth. We all know that the car is 12 years old now.

Graham W

Postby Graham W » Wed Jan 16, 2019 6:31 am

Decided not to worry about it.

Ive cut the rear speakers cables as the 'rear amp' on the head is faulty and now just burn mp3 disks and fill the 6 changers up. Annoys the kids as my taste in music isnt the same as a 14 year olds !! Baby shark rules lmao

underworld1001

Postby underworld1001 » Wed Jan 16, 2019 7:59 am

Graham W wrote:... Annoys the kids as my taste in music isnt the same as a 14 year olds !! Baby shark rules lmao
HAHAHA! Ah, I hate that song. My 7.5 month old gets all giddy when it comes on. If she actually had a choice it would be Baby Shark 24/7. That and Paw Patrol.

Anyhow, I don't have anything useful to contribute to this conversation so I'm out!

Graham W

Postby Graham W » Wed Jan 16, 2019 12:34 pm

@underworld1001

You always have something to contribute!!!

But just for you.......

https://youtu.be/XqZsoesa55w

https://youtu.be/0ql9wrAyk-k

https://youtu.be/jofNR_WkoCE

lol

Return to “R51 Electrical”