Greetings from Norway :-)

Post a pic of your ride, tell us where you're from, what vehicle your Path replaced, etc etc.

Moderator: volvite

Norseman

Greetings from Norway :-)

Postby Norseman » Mon Oct 08, 2018 3:14 pm

New member checking in from the backwaters of western Norway. Hi! :-)

My trusted old mountain goat needed too much welding, I had to let her go. Sold her for peanuts to an optimistic kid from down the road, I wish him luck and hope to see him and the D21 KingCab around :-)

It left a void, so I replaced it with this 2010 R51 2.5L turbodiesel. It feels like a good buy so far, into my second full tank ;-)

The little one now sits snugly in a garage and will stay there until spring. Winter is a big boy's game around here :-)

I'll miss the old goat, though! A loyal friend, until it rusted to pieces :-)

palmerwmd
Site Admin

Postby palmerwmd » Mon Oct 08, 2018 8:28 pm

Thank you for the beautiful pics! :D
Also some of us us Yanks are a bit envious you guys can get the Diesel.. :oops:

Norseman

Postby Norseman » Tue Oct 09, 2018 2:53 am

palmerwmd wrote:Thank you for the beautiful pics! :D
Also some of us us Yanks are a bit envious you guys can get the Diesel.. :oops:
Pretty sure many diesel owners in Norway would rather have a petrol V8 in their Pathfinders. :P
That's not available because the taxes it'd incur would push the car into and beyond the luxury segment. Where it clearly doesn't belong, so small diesel engine it is.

Mine is registered a a 2-seater commercial cargo hauler, also because of weird tax rules. in 2020 when it's 10 years old I can put the seats in (they came with the car) and have a 7-seater.

Meanwhile, my two cars can transport a grand total of 4 people, as long as 2 of them drive :oops:

Fortunately, I don't need to carry people. I need something that'll get up the hills, through the bogs and the snow and transport huge piles of firewood. I trust the R51 will do that for me, just like the D21 did :-)

palmerwmd
Site Admin

Postby palmerwmd » Tue Oct 09, 2018 6:00 pm

Yes that 5.6L V8 is pretty sweet.

As reliable as a sundial too from what I hear ( not that our standard 4.0L V6 isn't)
Sometimes I flirt with the idea of an upgrade t the V8.. but then fuel bills come to mind.

Norseman

Postby Norseman » Wed Oct 10, 2018 6:13 am

Yeah, fuel economy matters. So far I'm looking at 8 L/100km, 29mpg. Been driving long, slow routes. The old '92 D21 was a lot thirstier. :-)

It had lower gear ratios, though. The drivetrain in that thing is indestructable. That one have been beaten long and hard... It has only had some body work and new leaf springs, the rest of the metal was pretty much untouched from factory... General maintenance over the years, of course.

That diesel engine never caused me any problem, so a Nissan 2.5L diesel was what I was looking for when I found the Pathfinder :-) It has turbo and intercooler, but otherwise I recon the YD25 is closely related to the old TD25 engine :-) Even has the same grumble :-)

I do love a good V8, though... Preferrably in an old Challenger or something like that :-) Maybe I win the lottery, who knows...

Had a nice little drive today :-)

Return to “New Members, Sound Off!”