Humming sound: driver footwell

The Gas and Diesel Engines - VQ40De, VK56DE, YD25DDTi, V9X, Transmission, Transfer Case, Oil, Differentials, Axles, Exhaust...

Moderator: volvite

PathAZ

Humming sound: driver footwell

Postby PathAZ » Fri Oct 19, 2018 3:00 pm

Hey there,

I recently noticed a slight humming sound after starting the Pathy. It will hum for about three seconds and stop for a minute, then repeat two more times. I can feel it around the driver side footwell area. Seems to happen when I start the truck after it has been sitting overnight or when the engine is warm, but cool to touch. After about two to three miles worth of driving the hum stops. I noticed it doesn't do it as much when the climate control system/fan is off. It seems to happen the most in Park and Drive, doesn't happen when I put it in Neutral or Reverse.

Anyone ever experienced this before? Pathy just clocked in 178000. Hoping I can get past the 200k milestone.

To add extra content to this, earlier this month we got a lot of rain for a few days straight. Some roads on the way home were flooded. Not too bad of flooding since I was able to get through it safely. I would say the water level was below the center wheel cap with the Nissan logo.

I recently had the following things replaced:

A/C Compressor and Condensor replaced May 2018
Differential fluid replaced July 2018
Idler Pulley/serpentine belt replaced in August 2016
Timing Chain replacement service June 2011 with 79k miles

I don't know if the service list has relevance to this, but thought it might help :)

Thank you for your input :D

PathAZ

Photos from the storm

Postby PathAZ » Fri Oct 19, 2018 3:13 pm

Return to “R51 Engine, Driveline and Powertrain”