Sunroof or no sunroof

Oh yeah, it's the geek bling with flashing lights, just can't get enough.

Moderator: volvite

jamiemm18

Sunroof or no sunroof

Postby jamiemm18 » Thu Oct 25, 2018 5:43 pm

Noob here, sorry for the lame post but we're close to buying a 15/16 pathfinder and I'd prefer a solid roof and my wife likes the sun/moonroof X 3. Are there any pros or cons to the triple sunroof, panoramic sunroof or what ever it's called? Seems like there are a lot more cars without, even though they have navigation, leather, etc. Seems like the SL's come with it in when an additional package is ordered. The platinums all come with it. Anyone have strong feelings out there like - they leak, dont do it. OR, the roof is weaker, dont do it. OR... how can you even consider one without a sunroof if you have a shot at one with? We are down to the following 2:
2015 Blue 30K miles, navi, leather, tow package, NO sunroof. $22,700
or
2016 Greg 47K miles, navi, leather, sunroofs, etc. $23,100

Thanks

jamiemm18

correction

Postby jamiemm18 » Thu Oct 25, 2018 6:07 pm

correction on the 2nd car.

2015, not 16, Gray and 47K with sunroof for 23,100

Both are SL's

underworld1001

Postby underworld1001 » Thu Oct 25, 2018 7:01 pm

You'd get a better response if you posted your question here - http://www.thenissanpath.com/viewforum.php?f=43

Regarding sunroofs, I have had cars that had them in the past and didn't really have any leaks. My girlfriend actually had a 2013 Sentra that she just had to have the sunroof. It was literally opened 2x. I opened it once just for the hell of it and she opened it for the same reason. Other than that, it was never used. Her new car, a CX5, doesn't have to sunroof. If anything it saved her a few dollars.

Just keep in mind that as with any thing that opens on the vehicle the weatherstripping is all that's keeping out the water. If you're going to keep the car for a number of years, then I would opt for the solid roof, but if this is something that you're going to trade in 3-5 years or so then go for the sunroof. Not sure how much it'll actually be used, but it's there in the short term.

Return to “NAV/GPS/Audio/Electronics”