how do i remove my pathfinder Oxygen sensor wiring harness?

Attack of the unibody snatchers! Styling and handling refined or bland? You decide.

Moderator: volvite

n18

how do i remove my pathfinder Oxygen sensor wiring harness?

Postby n18 » Mon Oct 29, 2018 3:28 pm

how do i remove my 2001 pathfinder Oxygen sensor wiring harness?

Please help. thx

I was able to remove the exhaust end under my truck but not the electric harness here on top inside my engine bay.

how do i remove my pathfinder Oxygen se ... g harness?

smj999smj
Site Admin

Postby smj999smj » Mon Oct 29, 2018 6:13 pm

This is what I used to do when replacing them.. There are some small, gray clips that attache the sensor harness to metal brackets at the back side of the engine. I used a long, flat-blade screwdriver and put the end between the metal bracket and the clip. A hard push or a whack of the hand on the handle of the screwdriver would cut through or pop out the clip from the bracket. New clips should be on the replacement sensor, but, if not, small tie straps can be used to secure the new harness. Once all the clips are free from the brackets, I would go under the vehicle and cut the harness near the old sensor and remove the old sensor. I would screw in the new sensor. Then I would take the old sensor's harness that is now hanging down and tie it around the connector end of the new sensor's harness. Back up top, I would pull up the new sensor's harness by pulling up the old sensor's harness to get it up from the bottom, behind the engine and up to the top. Untie the old harness and unplug it, then discard. Plug in the new sensor and secure the harness to the brackets with the clips or tie straps. Essentially, what I am doing is using the old sensor's harness to fish up the new harness.

Return to “1996-2004 Pathfinder (R50)”