Removable drawers for Pathfinder 2017

Upgrades and modifications to Trims, Seats, Carpets, Roof Racks, Panels, Dashboard, Bumpers, Rocksliders, Paint, Decals...

Moderator: volvite

iero

Removable drawers for Pathfinder 2017

Postby iero » Fri Jan 04, 2019 1:57 pm

Hello all,

When I go camping with my 2017 pathfinder, I just keep the two front row and I fold the third one to keep enough space for storage (cooler, bags, camping stuff). I put this stuff in a big box and several bags.

During the rest of the time, I unload the vehicle to get the 3 rows in place.

When I camp, I often want to access things that are near the second row seats (in bags), and it's very hard to reach them and to keep things well stored.

So, I have 3 goals :
- Store stuff in a convenient way during "expeditions"
- Clean the car (remove this stuff and store in garage) when not in use
- Shorten the transformation time (install and remove the system)

So, I think that the best option is to put some drawers like that :
https://www.arbusa.com/storage-solution ... s-drawers/

I will store the drawer on a trolley in the garage and put in the car when needed. But I don't find any that fit a pathfinder R52. So maybe I need to buy a drawer and build the support myself.

Does anybody had experience on this subject ?

Grumpah

Postby Grumpah » Fri Jan 04, 2019 10:49 pm

There are kits that people on the RV forums point to to do something similar, but they are generally meant for the storage bins in camping trailers. There is probably not a whole lot of demand for that type of storage for our particular vehicles, so I'm not surprised that you haven't been able to find vendors that sell anything that fits the R52.

If you're handy with wood and tools, my recommendation would be to try an build something yourself. You can probably get way with using half-inch plywood as long as what you're storing isn't that heavy.

iero

Postby iero » Sun Jan 06, 2019 10:26 am

Thanks, I will work on that and I keep you informed !

Return to “R52 Body Interior and Exterior ”