Gas Mileage issues with 2017 Sentra!!

Post a pic of your ride, tell us where you're from, what vehicle your Path replaced, etc etc.

Moderator: volvite

joshonmiguel

Gas Mileage issues with 2017 Sentra!!

Postby joshonmiguel » Fri Nov 30, 2018 4:54 am

I’ve owned a 2017 Sentra since the beginning of August. Recently, I’ve noticed that the “miles to empty†meter seems to be wildly different from what it should be. For example, when I left work, the meter said I had 123 miles to go, and when I got home, it showed 81 miles, which means it took 42 miles worth of gas, but It’s only a 16 mile drive home. Does anyone know what might cause this? I normally try to drive in Eco to save on gas, so I don’t understand why it’s running out so quickly. VidMate AnyDesk https://mobdro.onl/
Last edited by joshonmiguel on Fri Nov 30, 2018 12:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

palmerwmd
Site Admin

Re: Gas Mileage issues with 2017 Sentra!!

Postby palmerwmd » Fri Nov 30, 2018 10:33 am

joshonmiguel wrote:I’ve owned a 2017 Sentra since the beginning of August. Recently, I’ve noticed that the “miles to empty†meter seems to be wildly different from what it should be. For example, when I left work, the meter said I had 123 miles to go, and when I got home, it showed 81 miles, which means it took 42 miles worth of gas, but It’s only a 16 mile drive home. Does anyone know what might cause this? I normally try to drive in Eco to save on gas, so I don’t understand why it’s running out so quickly.
I wouldnt sweat it too much..gas gauges are not all that accurate and even though the "miles to empty" seems to suggest a digital degree of accuracy its just tied to the floater int he tank just like the gauge.

The best way to determine your true milage is at the gas pump using the trip odometer and calculating from there (just take care to always fill to the same level. This is harder to do than it sounds.. easiest way is to use the same pump and let it fill until the "click" every time.

TheHawk!

Postby TheHawk! » Fri Nov 30, 2018 11:46 am

I would bet it hasBeen like that all along you just didn’t notice it until now. It’s a common misunderstanding because when you park the car and then started back the next time if water driving my car thought it had a quarter of a tank and then you parked on a hill so the next time you started it it out and only had an eighth of a tank you and I only went 10 miles in between it would it calculates dad so it’s merely just a guesstimate. Also if you were driving very conservative the previous trip and then the next trip you drive a very aggressive than your average gas mileage could vary anywhere from 5 to 10 miles per gallon so if that was 5 gallons of gas left and your variance was 10 miles per gallon then that would be 50 miles difference just in that scenario. it’s not where near 100% accurate, follow the fuel gauge itself if you want accurate. The rogue and other nissans 2012 + our similar if it ever does something totally weird distance to empty related or ambient air temperature related where the temperature is extremely far off you can disconnect both battery cables and read that again disconnect both battery cables and touch them together and that will drain all the power from the control modules and leave them Touching for about 10 minutes and that will reset all the control modules and all should be back to normalcy

robertshin

Postby robertshin » Fri Feb 22, 2019 9:13 am

Most eco-friendliness sponsors necessitate that your tank be totally full or near full when you include with the goal that the supporter fluid can saturate the sides of the fuel tank and in this way spotless the sides accommodating a cleaner tank which can send the fuel up to where it needs to go faster, along these lines delivering less slack time and you'll acquire somewhat more eco-friendliness mileage.A technician will review your fuel injectors, sparkle plugs, wind stream sensor, tires and other vital segments to achieve a precise determination. It might be important for the repairman to test drive the vehicle to create worthy outcomes and pinpoint the wellspring of the issue.

Return to “New Members, Sound Off!”