My Pathfinder, that I will keep until the day I die!

Post a pic of your ride, tell us where you're from, what vehicle your Path replaced, etc etc.

Moderator: volvite

AstoSoup

My Pathfinder, that I will keep until the day I die!

Postby AstoSoup » Sun Dec 02, 2018 10:42 pm

Glad to be a part of the forum! Wish I acquired my Pathfinder in a better way but it's a sad story. I have a 2008 Pathfinder S, 4.0 4WD, base model, white (pics once my phone charges or I take new ones). It was my mothers, she bought it brand new in mid 2009, was a previous year model left on the lot and had 95 miles on it! Sadly, the end of this past July and just two months before retirement, she got diagnosed with stage 4 lung cancer at the age of 61. She lived 3 months, 2 1/2 on a ventilator and passed away mid October of this year :( The Pathfinder has always been maintained by me, I am a mechanic and own a custom shop. I live in the north country of NY state, where salt is poured on the roads all winter long. After 9 winters, there are no rot holes. Some surface rust coming under the paint on the rear of the rockers and one bubble under the hatch handle but otherwise, no rust. Under carriage is clean as well. I do not plan to leave it the way it is, it has 85k on it, the interior is the worst part. Engine runs top notch, transmission shifts perfectly, just has a very dirty grey, cloth interior. I plan to replace the seats soon with some leather ones from an LE.

I have big plans for this Pathfinder, my other vehicles are a 2014 Ford Focus (about to go bye, bye), a 1995 Ford Ranger that my dad gave me 2 days before he passed, and a 1991 300ZX that is surely a project of it's own and will someday be a drag car. I have nothing to take off road, but don't want to lift the Pathfinder to the sky. My plan is to replace the 4.0 with a rebuilt 5.6, have seen forums where it's been done and can get the wiring harness done for $300. Will just need an ECU from a V8 Pathfinder. Putting new, slightly larger tires on it tomorrow, Bridgestones. Winters here are awful, need the LT winter tires for grip and tongue weight of the sleds I haul. Eventually want to do a 2-3" lift, maybe go a bit larger on tires. I put a system in it, finishing door speakers and alike right now. Also getting a nicer touch screen radio so I can install the HD backup cam and headrest monitors I have. Nerf bars are coming soon, black ones. Right now it has busted coil springs in the back, still drives just sits lower. I plan to go through it mechanically this month, fix anything that is even starting to wear or break. Rims, bigger tires, lift, 5.6 swap, etc will wait until spring.

Will post some pics real soon! It's a very basic Pathfinder right now but I eventually want it to look like an SE Off Road and have a 5.6. I also work fast, so once I get going, she will come alive! Thanks for having me on your forum and look forward to sharing my build with all of you!

palmerwmd
Site Admin

Postby palmerwmd » Sun Dec 02, 2018 10:52 pm

Sir,

a very hearty welcome to the path your new home away from home!!!
And also our condolences to the recent passing..

However we look forward to seeing your build progression and on this wonderful chassis.

respectfully,

Return to “New Members, Sound Off!”