Rocker switches in center console and dash?

Topics related to Lights, Radio, Stereo, Headunits, Alternators...

Moderator: volvite

Ldcapp

Rocker switches in center console and dash?

Postby Ldcapp » Fri Dec 07, 2018 1:19 pm

Hi all, I haven't been able to locate a post on this, so I apologize if there is one. I have a couple of blanks near the traction control button in the center console and also by the pedal movement button on the dash. I think these would be great locations for future offroad light switches or maybe a locker. I do however want to keep it as factory looking as possible so does anyone know of rocker switches that will fit in the locations where the blanks are at? Thanks

RedZeppelin

Postby RedZeppelin » Fri Dec 07, 2018 2:13 pm

I've used Air On Board switches, they're a little bit more expensive but well worth it for the factory look. If they don't have one on that you like available in the US, email them and they can usually get you one from the AUS or UK dealer for no extra cost. Be sure that you get the skinnier ones, the rounder looking ones are for the R52 model. They come with a pre-stripped wiring harness and wiring diagrams. Highly recommended: https://www.aironboard.com/online/produ ... tches.html

Graham W

Postby Graham W » Sat Dec 08, 2018 5:02 am

I have seen on the internet push switches which look almost the same as the original switches.
The blanks on the dash ( pedal switch side ) are the easiest to get to and feed to. two self tappers and it unclips :-)

Ldcapp

Postby Ldcapp » Mon Dec 10, 2018 9:57 am

Thanks for the comments gents. I'm definitely going to be grabbing a few of those switches. Lol had to look up what bunny lights where. Thankfully nothing to bad

Return to “R51 Electrical”