Lift kit installed and alignment questions

Topics relating to Lift Kits, Suspension, Steering...

Moderator: volvite

Code Pathfinder

Lift kit installed and alignment questions

Postby Code Pathfinder » Thu Dec 13, 2018 4:10 pm

I can finally say That my Pathfinder is lifted :D

Here is the journey

Day 1
Truck put on lift. work begins next day

Day 2

Front suspension and rear suspension is taken apart.

Day 3

Lift is installed and truck is put back together

The head tech who is doing the lift for me notified me today saying the camber bolts are impossible to remove. They used a torch, induction heater, and soaked them in penetration oil for 2 days. No budge.

For now I wont have them deal with the cam bolts. the alignment wont be perfect but i think the lift might help( im more concerned with the toe than camber anyways)

Here is why

here is a picture of my alignment results I had done back in august.

Correct me if im wrong but if the camber is negative in the front, wouldn't the lift kit push the camber positive?

Let me know what you all think

smj999smj
Site Admin

Postby smj999smj » Fri Dec 14, 2018 7:56 am

I think "as is," you are going to wear the heck out of your front and rear tires. You should be concerned about the camber adjustment, because camber out of spec will wear the edge of a tire down to cords before you know it! You'll probably have to cut the bolts and replace the bolts and the bushings...or the control arm assembly...depending on which way you prefer. For the back, you'll likely have to go with eccentric bushings to get it into spec. It's your choice: pay for it now and get it right and save your tires in the process, or, let it go and spend money in replacing tires prematurely.

palmerwmd
Site Admin

Postby palmerwmd » Fri Dec 14, 2018 8:45 am

What is your current rear camber?
also the springs will likely still settle i would wait until then I to check alignment :)

Looks great BTW!!!!! :D

Thupertrooper

Postby Thupertrooper » Fri Dec 14, 2018 10:13 am

I Agree with smj not just tire being worn out faster I have experienced steering being more unpredictable more left to right veering.

Front camber bolts are easy to get and not that expensive. The rear aftermarket uca are more expensive

Code Pathfinder

Post Lift assessment

Postby Code Pathfinder » Sat Dec 15, 2018 11:58 am

Got the pathfinder back yesterday

Took it out on the highway. No noticeable darting or swaying.

The shop was able to get the camber in spec. The toe and camber in the rear is close to spec but not perfect.

I’ll try and scrap some money togetherness to order the replacement control arms for the front and rear.

Otherwise it drives great!

palmerwmd
Site Admin

Postby palmerwmd » Sat Dec 15, 2018 12:04 pm

Great thats good news!!

Please, please, put together a seperate multiangle pictures thread for this sub forum :D

Code Pathfinder

Alignment

Postby Code Pathfinder » Wed Jan 23, 2019 11:09 pm

Update

I have noticed that the rear tends to slightly veer left and right but ONLY when it is icy or snowing. It handles just fine when roads are dry. My tread depth is getting low on all 4 tires but ive had the tires for about 2 years now and have gone almost 50,000 miles with them. Most likely will go with new Firestone A/T's or the same tires i have on now. Destination LE2s.

I haven't noticed any abnormal tire wear since the lift. I will definitely monitor the tires once i get new ones for any excessive wear.

Thupertrooper

Postby Thupertrooper » Tue Feb 12, 2019 9:45 pm

Alignment is the worst to get perfect once you lift the rear.

Return to “R51 Suspension and Steering”