03 Pathfinder Vibration

Attack of the unibody snatchers! Styling and handling refined or bland? You decide.

Moderator: volvite

hotrod72

03 Pathfinder Vibration

Postby hotrod72 » Tue Dec 18, 2018 10:51 am

Hello all, I am new to the forum and hope some of you log time members can help me understand the operation of my Pathfinder 4wd all mode system. My Pathfinder is an 03 with all mode 4wd and manual hubs. The vehicle has always had vibration on accel, cruise, and coast which I have isolated to the front driveshaft. I jacked the rear and while revving the engine in gear I noticed the front drive shaft begins rotating at or about 2000 rpms turning the front diff and cv axles so my question to you all is this normal with the vehicle in 2wd mode and hubs not engaged. I did replace the front shaft with a Dorman a while back but it too seems out of balance however it does not seem normal operation to me that the front shaft spins in 2wd mode. Can anyone provide a functional description of the all mode 4wd for this model year? Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thx, Jim.

palmerwmd
Site Admin

Postby palmerwmd » Tue Dec 18, 2018 11:52 am

Jim,

welcome to TheNissnpath! :D
I know you will enjoy your stay..

While i dont know much about your particular model year of Pathy I know a kowledgable member will answer you soon!..

hotrod72

03 Pathfinder Vibration

Postby hotrod72 » Tue Dec 18, 2018 2:02 pm

Yes thank you for the welcome I look forward to the members replies as I would really like to know how this system works!

Return to “1996-2004 Pathfinder (R50)”