The Nissan Path Forum Index The Nissan Path
The World Wide Nissan Pathfinder Owner's Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Use Google to search TheNissanPath forums ->
Throttle Body Spacer??

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Nissan Path Forum Index -> General Automotive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ghall13

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2018 3:32 pm    Post subject: Throttle Body Spacer?? Reply with quote

I have searched and searched on here for something on this topic. There are lot of blogs both negative and positive and, from what I gather, it depends on the vehicle. Has anyone added a throttle body spacer to their R51? Specifically the 2012? I have a CAI and love it but I am looking to increase HP for towing and, well, just plain ol' fun when driving.

Additionally, has anyone upgraded their intake manifold and throttle body? Was there a major difference in performance?

I'd love any info I can get on this.
underworld1001

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2018 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't waste your money. At least that's what I always hear. To be honest I don't have much experience with them as the only vehicle I've had one on was an old 91 Chevy C1500 with a crap 305. It "seemed" to make a slight difference on that application, but that was on a TBI (throttle body injection) setup which had horrible breathing problems from the factory.

On a newer EFI setup, I don't see how a TB spacer would benefit. I would imagine if you're making the runner a bit longer you'd get some increase in low end TQ, but again, this is just a guess. I would think that the computer would adjust appropriately if one is added, but personally the difference is negligible at the TB side.

I would highly suggest you get the XTP intake manifold spacer instead. Granted the price for a TB space and the manifold spacer wouldn't be the same, but the benefit would be better. I have one on my truck and I love the thing.
2011 SV V6 - BF Goodrich KO2 LT265/75 17-C, StopTech slotted rotors (934.42044), AEM DryFlow drop-in air filter (28-20286), free air box mod, Xtreme Truck Performance IMS (http://extremetruckperformance.com/?page_id=6), Bilstein 4600's (F-24-197427 / R-24-197434), Moog springs (F-81280 / R-81119 ), CSF aluminum radiator (7029)
smj999smj
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2018 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Throttle body spacers are worthless on engines with multi-port fuel injection. The XTP plenum spacer will make a noticeable difference. If you're looking for towing improvement, consider a tuner with a Tow setting.
2006 Pathfinder LE VQ40DE AWD, aftermarket radiator, Airlift 1000's, Bilstein HD rear shocks, Doug Thorley shortie headers and mid-pipes, Magnaflow 12580 muffler, aFe Momentum GT CAI w/ dry filter, XTP plenum spacer, Superchips Flashpaq tuner
ghall13

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2018 5:25 am    Post subject: Thanks! Reply with quote

Thanks for the help! I will certainly look into the IM Spacer and see what its all about. I have looked at some chips but I cant seem to get over some of the negative reviews associated with them. Do you have a recommendation for a chip that does what it advertises?
smj999smj
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2018 9:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Most of the chips are worthless and only attempt to trick the ECM by sending a false signal from the intake air temp sensor. You'll want to invest in a programmer/tuner if you want any significant changes.

If you are looking to make more upgrades and/or want something that is specifically tuned to your vehicle, UpRev is the best way to go:

https://uprev.com/secure/

If you just want a simple tuner that'll give you some options and won't be too expensive and will work with your vehicle, but not a custom tuned programmer, like UpRev, look into the Bully Dog GT Platinum tuner:

https://www.autoanything.com/performance-chips/bully-dog-gt-tuner

The XTP plenum spacer works well:

https://extremetruckperformance.com/
2006 Pathfinder LE VQ40DE AWD, aftermarket radiator, Airlift 1000's, Bilstein HD rear shocks, Doug Thorley shortie headers and mid-pipes, Magnaflow 12580 muffler, aFe Momentum GT CAI w/ dry filter, XTP plenum spacer, Superchips Flashpaq tuner
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Nissan Path Forum Index -> General Automotive All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: