VDC OFF SLIP light solid.

Anything relating to Wheels, Tires, and Brake options and upgrades...

Moderator: volvite

TooTallMike

VDC OFF SLIP light solid.

Postby TooTallMike » Sun Dec 23, 2018 7:58 pm

Did a lift and fixed a squeaking spring on the parking brake shoes and they came on. Bought an ABS reader and it says it's not equipped on my vehicle. Brake fluid is at Max and never had issues with the VDC before.

TooTallMike

Postby TooTallMike » Wed Dec 26, 2018 1:43 pm

Took it to the dealership and had them run consult
This is what they gave a me a print out of.

C1102 RR LH SENSOR-1
C1143 ST ANG SEN CIRCUIT
C1163 ST ANG SAFE
U1000 CAN COMM CIRCUIT
P1808 VHCL SPEED SEN-ABS
P0500 VEHICLE SPEED SEN A
P1212 TCS/CIRC

Any and all help is appreciated.

disallow
Site Admin

Postby disallow » Wed Dec 26, 2018 2:01 pm

Wow that's alot of codes.

I'm willing to bet that the only real one is the wheel speed sensor one. Check if it got unplugged or pinched. Far as I know it's one harness on the diff. I have a post here somewhere showing when I did mine.

I also suggest buying a code reader capable of pulling the ABS codes. Got mine for $120. Has paid for itself several times over. And you can reset the codes to see what comes back right away

TooTallMike

Postby TooTallMike » Wed Dec 26, 2018 8:32 pm

Thank you for your reply! So I unplugged and replugged the rear diff sensors and cleaned them off. I caved and bought another scanner and reset the codes that came up in case they were just stored. Now the only codes I'm getting are C1143 and C1163. Which all point to the steering angle sensor. Now I did replace both inner and outer tie rods on both sides and had an alignment done. It's not quite in spec in the back due to the springs I put in. Waiting for it to settle and then I'll go have it checked out again. Any ideas to how to reset those codes or what I should do? Thank you so much again for replying.

smj999smj
Site Admin

Postby smj999smj » Sat Dec 29, 2018 10:29 am

If the alignment is changed, then the steering angle sensor needs to be re-learned. This is usually part of a wheel alignment. However, if you've changed the alignment by putting in the springs, then I would suggest you get another wheel alignment and have the steering angle sensor position re-learned.

Return to “R51 Brakes, Tires, and Wheels”