The Nissan Path Forum Index The Nissan Path
The World Wide Nissan Pathfinder Owner's Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Use Google to search TheNissanPath forums ->
BFG Rugged Terrains

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Nissan Path Forum Index -> R51 Brakes, Tires, and Wheels
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pranit6

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 3:58 am    Post subject: BFG Rugged Terrains Reply with quote

Hello everyone,,
Put on a set of these yesterday after a month of research. went with stock size, 265/65/17. Paid $770 otd. I was torn between General grabber at2, Yokahama geolander at/s, and these Bfg Rugged terrain.

I replaced the stock BFG Radial long trails that had 79k miles!

And then the unthinkable happened...pulled out of the driveway this afternoon and heard a click, click, clicking sound. Pulled over at the front of the neighborhood to find a freaking nail in the back left tire!!!! Pissed beyond belief.

The shop I bought them from is closed today (Sat). Will go in first thing Monday to see what they can do for me.

Here are pics of the new shoes

Last edited by Pranit6 on Fri Jan 11, 2019 9:50 am; edited 1 time in total
Graham W

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 5:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They might plug it unless on the rims. Fingers crossed.

I had a plug in a tyre for ages, outlived the tyre itself !!!

No Mods, Just added OEM Roof Cross bars, Towbar and secondary front rescue hooks and front LED lightbar. Oh and an electric fleece blanket for my GF as she feels the cold!
smj999smj
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2019 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you have road hazard insurance with the new tires, that would help! If not, the best way to repair it would be a "patch plug." It's a combination of a rubber tire patch and a stem plug. They have to take the tire off of the rim to install it. They remove the nail and scuff up the inside area, just like they would do when installing a tire patch, then apply some vulcanizing tire adhesive. The patch plug stem is then inserted through the hole from the inside of the tire and pulled through until the patch contacts the tire. The stem is then trimmed on the outside of the tire. What this does is not only patch the tire from the inside, but also plugs the hole in the tread as well, like a tire plug would do. It's the best of both worlds! Then the tire is re-installed and the wheel is balanced. It's a little more expensive that just a tire plug repair, but it's a much better type of tire repair and will last the life of the tire.
2006 Pathfinder LE VQ40DE AWD, aftermarket radiator, Airlift 1000's, Bilstein HD rear shocks, Doug Thorley shortie headers and mid-pipes, Magnaflow 12580 muffler, aFe Momentum GT CAI w/ dry filter, XTP plenum spacer, Superchips Flashpaq tuner
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Nissan Path Forum Index -> R51 Brakes, Tires, and Wheels All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: