BFG Rugged Terrains

Anything relating to Wheels, Tires, and Brake options and upgrades...

Moderator: volvite

Pranit6

BFG Rugged Terrains

Postby Pranit6 » Fri Jan 11, 2019 4:58 am

Hello everyone,,
Put on a set of these yesterday after a month of research. went with stock size, 265/65/17. Paid $770 otd. I was torn between General grabber at2, Yokahama geolander at/s, and these Bfg Rugged terrain.

I replaced the stock BFG Radial long trails that had 79k miles!

And then the unthinkable happened...pulled out of the driveway this afternoon and heard a click, click, clicking sound. Pulled over at the front of the neighborhood to find a freaking nail in the back left tire!!!! Pissed beyond belief.

The shop I bought them from is closed today (Sat). Will go in first thing Monday to see what they can do for me.

Here are pics of the new shoes
Last edited by Pranit6 on Fri Jan 11, 2019 10:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

Graham W

Postby Graham W » Fri Jan 11, 2019 6:09 am

They might plug it unless on the rims. Fingers crossed.

I had a plug in a tyre for ages, outlived the tyre itself !!!

smj999smj
Site Admin

Postby smj999smj » Thu Jan 17, 2019 1:57 pm

If you have road hazard insurance with the new tires, that would help! If not, the best way to repair it would be a "patch plug." It's a combination of a rubber tire patch and a stem plug. They have to take the tire off of the rim to install it. They remove the nail and scuff up the inside area, just like they would do when installing a tire patch, then apply some vulcanizing tire adhesive. The patch plug stem is then inserted through the hole from the inside of the tire and pulled through until the patch contacts the tire. The stem is then trimmed on the outside of the tire. What this does is not only patch the tire from the inside, but also plugs the hole in the tread as well, like a tire plug would do. It's the best of both worlds! Then the tire is re-installed and the wheel is balanced. It's a little more expensive that just a tire plug repair, but it's a much better type of tire repair and will last the life of the tire.

Return to “R51 Brakes, Tires, and Wheels”