Dash Lights

Attack of the unibody snatchers! Styling and handling refined or bland? You decide.

Moderator: volvite

Wes

Dash Lights

Postby Wes » Tue Jan 15, 2019 6:35 am

Has anyone had problems with their dash lights? My Speedometer and fuel level lights didnt work for the longest time. I finally ordered some from RockAuto and replaced them. It was a like a brand new car and then today the RPM side went out ...until i banged on the dash a few times and they came back on. This was the same symptom I had with the other side before they went out for good. Any thoughts on why banging brings the lights back on? I checked all the lights when I had the dash out and they were very secure. Harness's were secure. Gauges work fine. Where would you start troubleshooting this issue? Thanks!

Heavy hitter

Postby Heavy hitter » Tue Jan 15, 2019 10:48 am

could just be corroded contact points for the bulbs. you could try cleaning them with a q tip and some electrical cleaner or isopropyl alcohol

Wes

Postby Wes » Tue Jan 22, 2019 10:35 am

I am blaming the doorman bulbs from RockAuto. They don't fit as well as the Nissan bulbs so I have ordered some from the dealer at $10 a pop and will be trying those.

Return to “1996-2004 Pathfinder (R50)”