New to forum

Post a pic of your ride, tell us where you're from, what vehicle your Path replaced, etc etc.

Moderator: volvite

weaver

New to forum

Postby weaver » Fri Jan 25, 2019 11:20 am

Greetings all! I'm "new" but not"shiny" :D Finally got my R51 on1-3-19. 08 VQ40DE SE 4wd standard, 131,xxx mi. Lotta corrosion on her bones, I think she's from the N.E. I keep finding sand in crevices! Been lurking on your excellent forum and decided to join.(I usually don't join forums because I'm not real good with computers, people say it's my aura...) I prefer hammering, soldering and cussing. (I'll keep it clean here!) This one seems like a good fit. While new to PF, I have 30+ years of general wrenching under my nails and besides my 83 CJ5 (I did complete frame off resto, dang 19 years ago already, I have to resto the resto!), (and frozen fasteners!) this is the easiest vehicle I have worked on. I've wanted a Pathfinder since the 90's, so now I'm a happy bugger. I've been restoring to stock with OEM & high quality parts,and plan on slight modifications and upgrades (PFs don't need much!), i.e. AIR 1000, bilsteins, LEDS, various lighting & switching mods, 7pin trailer upgrade,etc, all done right. I'm 47 and this is the first vehicle I've owned that I don't need to use duct tape and bailing wire on! I'm also glad previous owners haven't hacked into things (that I have to undo!!!) and it's all original. I've gotten excellent info here, so I hope to pass on help to if I can to others. Still learning this PF :D

palmerwmd
Site Admin

Postby palmerwmd » Fri Jan 25, 2019 12:50 pm

Awesome!!
Welcome to the Path! :D

I have a feeling you will contribute a lot!

weaver

Postby weaver » Fri Jan 25, 2019 1:55 pm

Thank you. Many of yours and other's posts have been very helpful, esp. the rad #s. Right now I'm stockpiling parts (12 deg F outside) Like everyone else, can't wait for the weather to break, at least get above freezing!

underworld1001

Postby underworld1001 » Fri Jan 25, 2019 9:55 pm

Welcome aboard!

You'll find that wrenching on these trucks isn't too bad at all. Pretty straight forward.

If you need any help, just ask and we'll do what we can.

weaver

Postby weaver » Fri Jan 25, 2019 10:18 pm

Thank you underworld. Coming from 03 trailblazer with 244,7xx miles (and very crowded under the hood) this truck is a dream. I am not going to miss BM err GM. I appreciate your suspension posts, steered me in the right direction. Look forward to sharing my projects. ps your avatar ROCKS!

Return to “New Members, Sound Off!”