Drivers Seat Swap LE/SV into an S

Upgrades and modifications to Trims, Seats, Carpets, Roof Racks, Panels, Dashboard, Bumpers, Rocksliders, Paint, Decals...

Moderator: volvite

demophon

Drivers Seat Swap LE/SV into an S

Postby demophon » Sat Jan 26, 2019 3:23 pm

First-time visitor so please be kind. I have a 2012 Pathfinder S and have developed a large tear in the side of the driver's seat cushion. I suspect that because of my size I am compressing the seat down on to the turn knob for the seat adjustments which has eventually worn through the material. I was wondering if I could replace my driver's seat with one of the adjustable ones from the SV or LE trim levels? Would the connections for the motors already be present in my S? Also, would this be something that someone who has limited mechanical ability could do?

smj999smj
Site Admin

Postby smj999smj » Sat Jan 26, 2019 4:11 pm

Unlike vehicles built in "simpler times," seats are a little more complex than they used to be. In addition to the wiring for the seat motors, you also have air bag components, such as side air bags and occupational seat sensors, seat position memory controls (on the LE model), heated seats and a body control module to control such features. So, not only do you have to make sure the wiring is there, you may have to have the BCM reprogrammed by the dealer, as well. What if you installed a good seat cover or had a company like Katzkin install a more durable, leather upholstery"

https://katzkin.com/?gclid=EAIaIQobChMI ... gIS8_D_BwE

Return to “R51 Body Interior and Exterior”