Aftermarket stereo install questions

Oh yeah, it's the geek bling with flashing lights, just can't get enough.

Moderator: volvite

vatrumpet

Aftermarket stereo install questions

Postby vatrumpet » Wed Apr 29, 2009 4:33 am

Hi all,

I'm installing an aftermarket stereo in my 05 PF this week and just wanted to see if anyone had any tips or anything I should know before I start. I bought a Clarion CX-609 double-din radio from Crutchfield and they sent all the accessories and instructions to install.

It has a USB controller for an ipod on the back of it so does anyone know if I can direct that cable to the lower glove box without drilling anything?

Thanks.

shoogshoog

Postby shoogshoog » Tue May 12, 2009 8:05 pm

I have an 07 with a kenwood double din and we were able to get my ipod wire into the glove box no problem. It's just a matter of playing with it for a while.

ledgit4u

Cable Glove box

Postby ledgit4u » Wed Sep 02, 2009 12:35 am

Open the glove compartment Push inwards from both sides and Pull,, the glove compartment will come out some more.. giving you plenty of room to play with that cable.

Fofiddy

Postby Fofiddy » Wed Sep 02, 2009 7:22 am

OEM door speakers are 2ohm, so your going to want to replace them with 4ohm jobbers, if you haven't already done that. I got the Kenwood DNX8120 (OK) and have the Ipod and USB cables running out the bottom glove with no pinching or binding.

falcondrgn

Postby falcondrgn » Wed Sep 16, 2009 12:53 am

Another thing to watch out for is make sure you properly ground the new radio to the frame instead of using the adapter that is provided. Reason being the ground wire that leads to the adapter is to an empty wire therefore not providing a true ground. You can possibly short out your new radio if not properly grounded.

I just installed a new radio and made the mistake of not properly grounding the radio and shorted my new unit, luckily the place i got it from exchanged a new one for me no charge but couldve been a disaster.

Return to “NAV/GPS/Audio/Electronics”