Hum/Rub from front wheel(s)

Attack of the unibody snatchers! Styling and handling refined or bland? You decide.

Moderator: volvite

BuffaloPath02

Hum/Rub from front wheel(s)

Postby BuffaloPath02 » Wed Feb 27, 2019 4:00 pm

Hello, all. Bought my 1st Pathfinder back in October and have been waiting for winter to pass before I take on any repairs.
I've got a humming/rubbing noise, not a grind but a smooth hum, coming from my front wheel(s). I think I've isolated it to the front driver side wheel, and when I turn right (putting more stress on that wheel) it intensifies and when I turn left (putting more stress on the passenger wheel) it goes away. It feels like it actively slows the car down, which arouses fear and suspicion of a differential problem. I'm still too unfamiliar to understand the hub/axle/diff setup. Brakes work just fine, tires dont rub on anything, 4WD works just fine in the Buffalo snow, transmission works fine.

Just want to have an idea of where to start before I replace the entire steering and suspension systems :lol:

smj999smj
Site Admin

Postby smj999smj » Wed Feb 27, 2019 11:10 pm

It could be a bad wheel bearing or a bad tire. It's really impossible to say without being able to see and inspect the vehicle.

Return to “1996-2004 Pathfinder (R50)”