Front Suspension

Topics relating to Lift Kits, Suspension, Steering...

Moderator: volvite

nathantwinter

Front Suspension

Postby nathantwinter » Wed Mar 06, 2019 10:40 pm

Hey guys, new member and new Pathy owner here. I got my 05' a couple months ago. Just bought Bilstein 5100 front ride height adjustable and Bilstein Heavy Duty rear. The adjustable is 2.5'' capable and the rear is a 2'' lift.

NOW it does not look like this car has every had its suspension redone. I am also a little tight on money after buying the Bilstein's and cv joints.

My next step is to buy the front upper and lower control arms with the ball joints attached. Separately I am buying the sway bar links and front strut mounts.

Is there anything cheap or vital that I am overlooking? I would hate to miss something simple while I have all my suspension gear disassembled.

smj999smj
Site Admin

Postby smj999smj » Wed Mar 06, 2019 11:14 pm

If you are replacing control arms, you should purchase new bolts as a lot of them rust and seize to the control arm bushings and have to be cut out.

Thupertrooper

Postby Thupertrooper » Sat Mar 09, 2019 12:03 am

I second smj start with PB blasting the nuts and bolts.
If you replace you UCAs you will need to either cut the bolt next to the steering link or loosen it to pry the bolt out. Obviously if you cut you will replace.

Best bang for your buck on UCAs is the SPC brand or of brand ones Rockauto carries.

Return to “R51 Suspension and Steering”