Navigation/DVD Bypass switch

Oh yeah, it's the geek bling with flashing lights, just can't get enough.

Moderator: volvite

pathfinder05

05 pathfinder with Clarion NX409 DVD/GPS

Postby pathfinder05 » Mon Nov 02, 2009 1:10 pm

i have an 05 pathfinder and replaced with Clarion NX409. Can I use the same switch and do you know where to find the break sensor wire?

pathfinder05

Re: 05 pathfinder with Clarion NX409 DVD/GPS

Postby pathfinder05 » Tue Nov 03, 2009 7:36 am

pathfinder05 wrote:i have an 05 pathfinder and replaced with Clarion NX409. Can I use the same switch and do you know where to find the break sensor wire?
After installting nx409, i have to press the emergency break in order the dvd moive show on the screen. Any help will appreciate.

kmjsuperfly

Postby kmjsuperfly » Tue Nov 03, 2009 4:30 pm

It should work. Did you install this your self? In order to get the GPS to work correctly did you need to provide the clarion unit a speed sensor input and a parking brake input? I am not familiar with this Clarion Unit but if you can get your hands on a wiring schematic for the unit you should be able to tell where these points are terminated. I know for the OEM unit you need to BOTH disconnect the speed sensor wire AND ground the parking brake input to get it to operate basically tricking the unit into thinking you are stopped with the parking brake applied. Maybe with the clarion unit you can get the DVD to operate by just grounding the parking brake input? I guess one way to find out is to try it.

Another thought. was this a replacement of the OEM unit? If so, was there a wiring harness that was installed to go from the stock wiring harness to the clarion unit. If so, you can just look at the '05 service manual and it should give you the connector pinouts and locations of the parking brake input and speed sensor wire on the stock wiring harness.

good luck

pathfinder05

Postby pathfinder05 » Wed Nov 04, 2009 7:42 am

kmjsuperfly wrote:It should work. Did you install this your self? In order to get the GPS to work correctly did you need to provide the clarion unit a speed sensor input and a parking brake input? I am not familiar with this Clarion Unit but if you can get your hands on a wiring schematic for the unit you should be able to tell where these points are terminated. I know for the OEM unit you need to BOTH disconnect the speed sensor wire AND ground the parking brake input to get it to operate basically tricking the unit into thinking you are stopped with the parking brake applied. Maybe with the clarion unit you can get the DVD to operate by just grounding the parking brake input? I guess one way to find out is to try it.

Another thought. was this a replacement of the OEM unit? If so, was there a wiring harness that was installed to go from the stock wiring harness to the clarion unit. If so, you can just look at the '05 service manual and it should give you the connector pinouts and locations of the parking brake input and speed sensor wire on the stock wiring harness.

good luck
Yes i did...everything is working fine. I just need to figure out how to bypass the hanh break in order to view DVD movie.

Thank you for the info. I will give it a try...by the way, the clarion is a great unit. Good price and good quality unit.

scarelli

Postby scarelli » Sun Mar 07, 2010 7:54 am

Does anyone have any instructions on removing the shift knob?

I've gotten the the trim pieces off, but now I'm stuck on the Shift Knob...

Thanks!

acomiskey

Postby acomiskey » Sun Mar 07, 2010 9:12 am

scarelli wrote:Does anyone have any instructions on removing the shift knob?

I've gotten the the trim pieces off, but now I'm stuck on the Shift Knob...

Thanks!
Grab the silver part and pull it down. Pull the pin out and lift the gear knob.

scarelli

Postby scarelli » Mon Mar 08, 2010 12:11 pm

The silver part on the bottom of the shift knob?

I'm pulling it down towards the center console and not having much luck, doesn't seem to budge at all.

Any other suggestions? I have the rounded shift knob, not the squared one.

Thanks

scarelli

Postby scarelli » Sun Mar 21, 2010 8:21 am

I got it...

now i can't seem to find the additional RCA input...

Any Idea on where it is?

Dougster

Completed on 2010 Pathfinder

Postby Dougster » Thu Jul 22, 2010 6:49 pm

I was able to complete the modification on my 2010 Pathfinder. It seems to be working great on a little test drive. It does lose its location quickly in the "full control" mode, but finds it again after I switch back to the factory settings. It took me about 3 hours, but I haven't done anything like this before. I had some trouble figuring out some of the stuff comes out. The gear shift took me a while to remove until I caught on. I also had trouble with the little gear shift light indicator. It twists to unplug.
The little wires were easy to find as in your instructions, but one broke unexpectedly a tiny bit down on the harness side of my splice. I must have nicked it a bit.
Thanks for the pictures--they were very helpful!

volvite
Sponsored Member

Postby volvite » Thu Feb 17, 2011 7:08 pm

I know this is an old thread but I'm new here and would like some information.
When you guys talke about DVD package, do you mean the rear entertainment center? I don't have the rear entertainment center but just the bose head unit and the cd port only takes cds no dvds. Thanks for the help.

Dougster

DVD Package

Postby Dougster » Thu Feb 17, 2011 8:18 pm

Yes, people are referring to the rear DVD player--which comes in a package with other upgrades, depending upon the model.

miccar7

DVD Bypass

Postby miccar7 » Thu Feb 02, 2012 2:41 pm

i was able to get it fixed. only problem i ran into was i lost the little retention pin that keeps the shifter in place. great write up though

heckler40

Postby heckler40 » Sat Aug 25, 2012 7:22 pm

I did this mod as well. Works great! Take your time and make sure you are looking at the right diagram in the manual.

SBCKNOX

2013 NAV/GPS Disable Switch

Postby SBCKNOX » Mon Nov 19, 2012 4:09 pm

I previously had an FX35 that had a similar disable switch as the 2008 Pathfinder posted here. I hope someone can also post for the 2013

Ross Carlson

Postby Ross Carlson » Wed Feb 06, 2013 8:48 am

Going to do this mod myself this weekend - question, do you have to install the bypass switch or can you just leave it bypassed? Someone mentioned the GPS doesn't seem to work as well with the bypass engaged (which makes little sense to me). If I just want to bypass all the time can I?

Return to “NAV/GPS/Audio/Electronics”