Front Axle/Timing Belt Question

Attack of the unibody snatchers! Styling and handling refined or bland? You decide.

Moderator: volvite

MadDogJacoby

Front Axle/Timing Belt Question

Postby MadDogJacoby » Fri Apr 26, 2019 12:30 pm

In the URL are pictures of my 98 Pathfinder's Front Axle. I can't seem to find the part circled on the Nissan parts website that has blowout's of every part imaginable.

I'm doing the timing belt and was wondering what else I should do while I'm in there.

Do you see anything else I should address? The car is brand new to me and I haven't done much of anything quite yet. Any advice would be appreciated!
https://imgur.com/a/uYSbuf3

MadDogJacoby

Postby MadDogJacoby » Fri Apr 26, 2019 12:32 pm

Some more info, the 2nd picture in the URL is the passenger side, 3rd is the driver side. IDK what they are!

Hooligan

Postby Hooligan » Sat Apr 27, 2019 2:12 pm

What you circled are the brackets and rubber bushings that secure the steering assembly. Looks like the bushings are in rough shape and should be replaced. If they deteriorate any more you would experience very sloppy steering. On the driver's side the bushing is directly under the oil filter and frequently gets doused with dirty oil when the filter is changed. Naturally, the oil deteriorates the rubber. I installed one of those remote oil filter kits and replaced the bushings with polyurethane units.

Return to “1996-2004 Pathfinder (R50)”