Day Trip to Sedona, AZ

Life on the road is what automobiles were made for, share your road trip stories and pictures here.

Moderator: volvite

AZ_Path

Day Trip to Sedona, AZ

Postby AZ_Path » Mon Jun 01, 2009 1:59 pm

We had family in town for Memorial Weekend so we decided to take a day trip to Sedona. It's about 2.5 hours from our house so it's a nice place to drive for a day. We've been there several times with guests so I wanted to do something a little different this time so my wife and I would have fun too.

This was the first time we'd been there with the Pathfinder so I figured we could do some scenic driving on some of the trails. There are lots of tour companies that will take you on trail rides, but most of the trails are public so you can drive them yourself if you have a vehicle that can handle it.

It started raining once we arrived which made for a unique visit. This was the first time we've seen running water there.

After having lunch in Telaqupaque, we headed over to Schnebly Hill Road for a scenic drive. I believe this is the same road that the Pink Jeep Tour takes for their "Scenic Rim" tour. I choose it because it was convenient and I knew we wouldn't have any problems driving it even with all the rain.

We drove about 6 miles to the vista where we stopped to enjoy the view. The pictures don't really show up well because it was overcast. The camera probably has some settings I should have changed to brighten the image up, but I'm not familiar enough with it to know what to change. We also took several of the pictures through the glass since it was raining, so the quality of many of these it not great. Oh well, try to enjoy them anyway.

This house was under construction last time we were in Sedona. I don't think I've seen a house with it's own observator before. :shock:

NVSteve
Sponsored Member

Re: Day Trip to Sedona, AZ

Postby NVSteve » Mon Jun 01, 2009 2:44 pm

AZ_Path wrote:Image

This house was under construction last time we were in Sedona. I don't think I've seen a house with it's own observator before. :shock:
Holy crap! Must be nice to have so much money to afford $100k+ on a personal observatory. Probably one of those nasty infomercial people. Thanks for the pics.

AZ_Path

Postby AZ_Path » Wed Jun 03, 2009 3:51 pm

What's an extra $100K when you're spending a couple million?

Maybe it's the slap chop guy. :lol:

Return to “Roaaad Trip!!!”