Fuel door spring question

**** PLEASE USE SUBTOPICS BELOW FOR NEW TOPICS ****

Moderator: volvite

odermann

Fuel door spring question

Postby odermann » Sun Jun 07, 2009 6:46 pm

Okay, So I have an 07 Pathfinder SE with 36,000 miles on it. For the last couple months the fuel door has been flopping in the breeze. I called the dealer but they need me to drop the car off for the day and it just hasn't been worth the time yet. Today I decided to take a look at it and I am stumped as to how the spring is supposed to attach to the door. I looked through the manual archived on this site and couldn't find anything about it either. Has anyone had a similar problem and been able to fix it or have any pictures of the spring correctly installed? I haven't had a chance to stop by the dealer to look at one on the lot. Any help would be great!

Npath

Re: Fuel door spring question

Postby Npath » Sun Jun 07, 2009 11:08 pm

Someone had a similar problem last year. I can't remember if it was ever fixed or not but it was something that either broke off or got bent.

Look around the fuel door as I do recall something bent a piece of sheet metal making it look like a "v" when it should be flat.

NVRDONE

Postby NVRDONE » Mon Jun 08, 2009 10:08 am

The spring is a black part that goes over the pivot piont on the hinge.
It's about 5.00 from the dealer & 60 sec to put on. They streatch & pop off all the time.

cbsmith

Postby cbsmith » Mon Jun 08, 2009 1:43 pm

This happened to my 2008 on the weekend. I am going to look at it tonight to see if I can put it back on.

odermann

Postby odermann » Mon Jun 08, 2009 7:32 pm

Thanks for the reply guys. I will stop at the dealer and pick up a new spring. Apparently my spring must be bent or broken although it looks fine to my untrained eye. Again, thanks for the quick response!

Troy

Re: Fuel door spring question

Postby Troy » Sat May 30, 2015 6:12 pm

odermann wrote:Okay, So I have an 07 Pathfinder SE with 36,000 miles on it. For the last couple months the fuel door has been flopping in the breeze. I called the dealer but they need me to drop the car off for the day and it just hasn't been worth the time yet. Today I decided to take a look at it and I am stumped as to how the spring is supposed to attach to the door. I looked through the manual archived on this site and couldn't find anything about it either. Has anyone had a similar problem and been able to fix it or have any pictures of the spring correctly installed? I haven't had a chance to stop by the dealer to look at one on the lot. Any help would be great!

* I fix mind. It took me 5 min to figure it out.
The problem is metal clip. Metal clip slides in to far or pop out.
I remove metal clip. Them reinstall it.
You have to put left side in first. Then close door enough and force right side on. Only enough to clip on. Make sure clip is at top.
If its on correctly the middle of metal clip will be free not touching anything.
Fuel door will work just like if it was new.
If you need more information let me know.
Note metal clip you have to force it a little. Not much when fuel door is slightly close.
Note: no need to replace clip if it pop off or in place but not working correctly meaning clip just off center and can be fix by removing it and reinstall it as I mention above steps. Take you time its not hard.
Troy

Return to “2005-2012 Pathfinder (R51)”