The Nissan Path Forum Index The Nissan Path
The World Wide Nissan Pathfinder Owner's Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Use Google to search TheNissanPath forums ->
2012 silver, keyless system issue

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Nissan Path Forum Index -> R51 Electrical
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dmchan

PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2019 3:38 pm    Post subject: 2012 silver, keyless system issue Reply with quote

This has been driving me insane for quite awhile now. It seems to come and go with severity but lately(past 2 weeks) it has been every single time I need to use the vehicle. Im at ~115k.

Problem:
External unlock/lock door button doesnt work reliably; keyfob unlock/ lock buttons dont work reliably; Ignition barrel unlock does not work reliably.

I can always get it to work but sometimes it takes more than a minute for the vehicle to recognize that the key is present to get in. During this time, Im trying both the keyfob and the door button alternatively.
When I get in, I have to play the game with the ignition until I get the green dash light to start the vehicle.
While driving, I'll notice it stops recognizing the key because I'll get the red Key light on the dash.

This is the case for all the antennae, both keyfobs, new batteries, etc.

Question:
Does anyone know how to narrow this down to the failing component? BCM, Keyless controller? Other keyless component?

AND if so, can I replace/reprogram without a dealer?

Im highly capable and make side income working on cars. I can do the work, no question.... its the electronics to troubleshoot / program new equipment that I do not know about.

any help is SUPER appreciated. I'm losing my f*king mind with this problem. Smile
smj999smj
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2019 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The "Keyless Controller" is built into the BCM. I can't say that the BCM is your problem (it "could" be), but to replace the BCM requires a Nissan Consult III scan tool.
2006 Pathfinder LE VQ40DE AWD, aftermarket radiator, Airlift 1000's, Bilstein HD rear shocks, Doug Thorley shortie headers and mid-pipes, Magnaflow 12580 muffler, aFe Momentum GT CAI w/ dry filter, XTP plenum spacer, Superchips Flashpaq tuner
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Nissan Path Forum Index -> R51 Electrical All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: