The Nissan Path Forum Index The Nissan Path
The World Wide Nissan Pathfinder Owner's Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Use Google to search TheNissanPath forums ->
New to forum and path

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Nissan Path Forum Index -> 1996-2004 Pathfinder (R50)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jameszer

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2019 7:14 pm    Post subject: New to forum and path Reply with quote

Hey guys I'm considering on picking up an r50 pathy for a great price, however it's been sitting for 3 years and I plan on doing a full tune up if I pick it up as well as new coolant system and brakes and fluid. My problem and question is, the guy jump-started it and it revs but dies.. obviously a new battery is need but is there any thing to check to get it to run? I'm bringing new gas, anything else?
smj999smj
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2019 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mentioning the year would help, because the VG33E is very different than the VQ35DE. Sitting is never good on any vehicle and there is a good chance that stale gas could be the problem. If it's the VQ, an idle air volume relearn may be necessary. Fuel pressure could be an issue. Rodent damage to wiring can cause problems. A sticking IAC valve could be a concern. Also, when sitting, rubber or neoprene seals, like those used in the master cylinder, brake calipers and automatic transmissions, can be affected. The fact that is fires up is a good thing, so I would concentrate on the fuel system for now. Also, once you get it running, I would service the transmission fluid, as well.
2006 Pathfinder LE VQ40DE AWD, aftermarket radiator, Airlift 1000's, Bilstein HD rear shocks, Doug Thorley shortie headers and mid-pipes, Magnaflow 12580 muffler, aFe Momentum GT CAI w/ dry filter, XTP plenum spacer, Superchips Flashpaq tuner
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Nissan Path Forum Index -> 1996-2004 Pathfinder (R50) All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: