wat can go wrong?

You gotta Love these old VG30E/i powered beasts, raw truck DNA to the core.

Moderator: volvite

Bradwm2

wat can go wrong?

Postby Bradwm2 » Tue Jul 21, 2009 8:42 pm

ok i lifted the pathy 2-3 inches i took all the extras off: step bar, tire carrier, ect... then i turnt my torsion keys all the way up and put coilspring spacers in the rear to fit 33s wat can go wrong by doing it this way? any input is greatly apppreciated......

NiceGuyMike

I'd love to see a picture of that!

Postby NiceGuyMike » Wed Aug 05, 2009 1:04 pm

I had a few friends who did lifts this way, none of them had real problems. Occasionally, under rough conditions, one would snap a u-joint. This was because the angle of the drive shaft was more steep. Just please be aware of how fast you turn a corner. You're center of gravity is now way off. A fast turn on a downhill curve could roll you over.

Dexterismypathy

sounds like exactly what i want to do.

Postby Dexterismypathy » Sat Aug 15, 2009 8:51 am

Anyone else that can chime in would be great! It's really encouraging to hear that there aren't many issues with doing this. I've heard a few tire techs tell me I'm an idiot and that it will ruin the steering and it's way hard on the transmission. But honestly I see the same year Nissan Pickups set up like that all the time here in Utah and they never seem to die. I don't imagine the Pathfinder will be any different. Biggest issue I can see myself would be the U joints, like mentioned, and the fact that your Speedo will be off. That's hardly a big deal though

Return to “1986-1995 Pathfinder (WD21)”