The Nissan Path Forum Index The Nissan Path
The World Wide Nissan Pathfinder Owner's Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Use Google to search TheNissanPath forums ->
Goodyear Wrangler DuraTracs
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Nissan Path Forum Index -> R51 Brakes, Tires, and Wheels
View previous topic :: View next topic  
disallow
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2010 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Love love LOVE these tires. I do alot of highway... do you see any problems with that?

t

'05 Pathfinder SE Premium 4x4 - 315000kms (195000mi) - weekend warrior, Cortex Superchips on 87 Octane Tune, K&N filtercharger, Airlift 1000, Prodigy Brake controller, 7 pin trailer hookup, Prostart Remote Starter, Bilstein 4600 rear shocks, Cooper Discoverer ATw P265/70/16
IcedTeasley

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2010 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unless you are a particularly spirited driver, there won't be a problem. I've had mine for over 9k miles. They wear incredibly well and do an awesome job in a variety of conditions. Buy them. Mine still impress me.
'06 SE Leather: PRG Radflo 2.0 Extended-Travel Front Coilovers + PRG UCAs, PRG Radflo 2.0 Rear Emulsion Shocks w/ OME 609 (Medium) springs, Airlift 1000, Skid Row Skid Plates, Nissan Factory Gas Tank Skid, Garvin Industries Wilderness Rack Sport Series Track Rack, BFG TA KO2s 285/75 R16 33s!!!, ATE Slotted Front Rotors w/ Hawk HP pads and ATE Standard Rotors w/ Akebono Ceramic pads - Wanting to spend $$ on lighting upgrades next
Citcope

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2010 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What about gas mileage? How does it compare with the stockers or a regular A/T tire?
IcedTeasley

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2010 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry. I don't pay much attention to my gas mileage. I can't really say.
'06 SE Leather: PRG Radflo 2.0 Extended-Travel Front Coilovers + PRG UCAs, PRG Radflo 2.0 Rear Emulsion Shocks w/ OME 609 (Medium) springs, Airlift 1000, Skid Row Skid Plates, Nissan Factory Gas Tank Skid, Garvin Industries Wilderness Rack Sport Series Track Rack, BFG TA KO2s 285/75 R16 33s!!!, ATE Slotted Front Rotors w/ Hawk HP pads and ATE Standard Rotors w/ Akebono Ceramic pads - Wanting to spend $$ on lighting upgrades next
madrock

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2010 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Compared to other A/T and M/T on the market, the DuraTracs are on the lighter end of the spectrum. The lighter the tire the better the mileage.

A buddy of mine on TitanTalk has put over 20,000 miles on his DuraTracs and they look almost new. I almost bought them for my Titan.

I think I am leaning more towards these. The sipping and "snowflake" symbol will reassure my wife on our trips to Utah in the winter.
Air Box Mod
Grille Mod
PRG Mini Lift
Recovery hitch receiver
265/75/16 Goodyear Wrangler DuraTracs
Shinyboy

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2010 7:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quick question: on my LE I have 17" wheels. Any ideas what size I could run (larger than stock) without getting any rubbing? Not really interested in doing a bunch of mod work to the wells.
Shinyboy

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2010 9:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm guessing I'd have to run a 265/70 17....to achieve about the same diameter Iced has.....does that sound right?

No rubbing with yours Iced?
IcedTeasley

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2010 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You've got the correct size listed above. I have had zero rubbing issues. Not even off-road. These tire JUST fit in the wheel wells. Still loving mine.
Shinyboy

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2010 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesome..thanks for the reply....these will be on my rig by summer's end. Got about ten g's left in the stockers Wink Wink
Shinyboy

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2010 7:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Iced- do you get any wander at all on the highway? I read a post this morning claiming that. Any info is great.
Spamcan

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2010 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If anyone is looking for the survey linked on Page 1, the tires are now listed in the "Commercial" side of the survey here:
http://www.tirerack.com/tires/surveyresults/surveydisplay.jsp?type=ORCT
2009 Suzuki C50SE Dk/Lt Grey (well customized)
1983 Honda Goldwing GL1100 (in parts being rebuilt)
Shinyboy

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2010 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Man, that tire rack survey pretty much solidifies my desire to buy these skins. Only last question is highway performance which I'm betting iced has the skinny on.
IcedTeasley

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2010 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think they are rock solid (even up to 100mph). Make sure to correctly inflate them based on load and they track straight and true.

All I can say is... Doooo iiiiiit.
Shinyboy

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2010 7:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Iced: are you running the 10 Ply LRE tires or the 6 ply LRC model? I can't believe the 10 ply tires are almost 35 bucks less per tire. See any disadvantages of running a ten ply tires other than maybe a bit of road noise?
IcedTeasley

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2010 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm using the LRCs. I don't tow much and heard that they do better on the trail at lower pressures. The LREs will have a stiffer ride at all pressures. They also weigh more and could make a bigger MPG impact.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Nissan Path Forum Index -> R51 Brakes, Tires, and Wheels All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 2 of 9

Jump to: