Pathfinder info

Anything automotive in nature, be it Nissan or one of those "other" manufacturers.

Moderator: volvite

schmo9

Pathfinder info

Postby schmo9 » Sun Aug 23, 2009 7:47 am

Hi all,

Im looking to put pen to paper on an 05 Pathfinder SE 2.5 Turbo diesel next week.
I love the look of the vehicle and the test drive was great!
The car has a full service history, 1 previous owner and has 37K miles on the clock....all verified.
Is there anything I should look out for mechanically?
Getting a 1 year warranty with it.

Cheers,

S

xd9-g19

Postby xd9-g19 » Sun Aug 23, 2009 9:14 am

i know on my i should have looked at the u-joints closer, but YMMV

schmo9

Postby schmo9 » Sun Aug 23, 2009 9:33 am

xd9-g19 wrote:i know on my i should have looked at the u-joints closer, but YMMV
Sorry, Not upto speed yet! what U joints and what does YMMV stand for?

As it happens mine is the same colour as your pic..looks great with the black grill and wheels.

S

schmo9

Postby schmo9 » Sun Aug 23, 2009 10:04 am

schmo9 wrote:
xd9-g19 wrote:i know on my i should have looked at the u-joints closer, but YMMV
Sorry, Not upto speed yet! what U joints and what does YMMV stand for?

As it happens mine is the same colour as your pic..looks great with the black grill and wheels.

S
Jeez, Universal joints...got it!

Somber Goat

Postby Somber Goat » Tue Aug 25, 2009 8:09 am

i have my 05 in the shop right now looking in to the U-joint as a possible issue for serious vibration at high speeds.

My advice, take it out on the highway/motorway and get up to cruising speed and increase it. If you start to get vibration that seams abnormal(rear view mirrors vibrating to the point you can't tell what car is behind you) the have them check the drive train.

schmo9

Postby schmo9 » Tue Aug 25, 2009 11:46 am

Somber Goat wrote:i have my 05 in the shop right now looking in to the U-joint as a possible issue for serious vibration at high speeds.

My advice, take it out on the highway/motorway and get up to cruising speed and increase it. If you start to get vibration that seams abnormal(rear view mirrors vibrating to the point you can't tell what car is behind you) the have them check the drive train.
Cheers Somber Goat, will check this out as you mention. Not to worried about stuff like universal joints as ive replaced them on my fathers Hi Lux, not that big a job on that anyway.

Return to “General Automotive”