1995 Transmission Pan Removal

You gotta Love these old VG30E/i powered beasts, raw truck DNA to the core.

Moderator: volvite

fadec

1995 Transmission Pan Removal

Postby fadec » Thu Aug 27, 2009 6:27 pm

Hello. I have a 1995 Pathfinder 2WD XE with 3.0 V6 and automatic which I am trying to change the filter. How do I get the transmission pan off? Sounds crazy, but the pan cannot drop far enough! It hits the exhaust before it has enough clearance to slide out. Is there a trick to this, or do I have to disconnect the exhaust??

Thanks in advance!

Fadec

ringgoldpathfinder

Postby ringgoldpathfinder » Wed Sep 02, 2009 9:05 am

i have been wondering the same thing. i have a 94 4x4 se and i seem to be having the same problem, and the thing is i don't want to disconnect the exhaust due to the fact that it's kind of rusted and it would suck to not be able to connect it back. i really wish someone could help us with this, it would be much appreciated.

Scaramoche

pan removal

Postby Scaramoche » Thu Nov 19, 2009 6:08 pm

Well with you year im not sure, but I know I'm terrified to have to do on my 89. I just finished rebuilding the engine, and had to remove the front axel you put it in and out, the funny thing was When i was sitting underneath putting it back together, I noticed the only way i would ever be able to work on it would be to drop the axel. Just as a note, at least from my xp, sometimes you ahve to remove things you dont want to lol

Return to “1986-1995 Pathfinder (WD21)”