Space to offroad in Chicago area?

Regional discussions and Get Together organization for the Great Lakes area.

Moderator: volvite

path26

Space to offroad in Chicago area?

Postby path26 » Wed Sep 09, 2009 5:22 am

Hey guys I'm new here and to my path. Itching to get it muddy but tight on time. I'm planning on getting out to badlands one weekend but want to find somewhere closer to mess around a little.
A buddy heard about a place by barrington on penny rd and somewhere in wheeling that people go all the time with no trouble but don't know exactly where. Anyone know about these or other spots?
Thanks

Captain
Sponsored Member

Postby Captain » Wed Sep 09, 2009 6:57 am

Well in Chicago land area we have 1. The Cliffs in Marsales Il. But get ready for Body damage and maybe a tow home. I used to go there with my Zr2 on 33's and I got stuck realy bad a hydro lock my 4.3l.
Have fun and take pics.

path26

Postby path26 » Wed Sep 23, 2009 11:00 am

Yeah went there once before I got the path with a buddy in his FJ. I dont think we even reached the main trails we just drove up that little creek and basically turned around. That place isnt for my path haha. I like the badlands because of the variety but its just so far.
Im looking for that piece of land that has been around and used for light offroading for years that only some people know about. I remember thats how we used to dirtbike in Palatine and Des plaines 10 years ago.

tamollyman

Postby tamollyman » Sun Sep 16, 2012 11:01 am

Recently got a Pathfinder and am looking for something similar to what you were. Did you ever find anywhere? I know its been 3 years but maybe by now you have. Let me know. The badlands are a bit much for me i think. Im from Texas and we can just pull off the highway just about anywhere and thats what im looking for.

tamollyman

Postby tamollyman » Sun Sep 16, 2012 11:04 am

Im pretty sure the cliffs are a bit to much too. Im just wanting to get muddy really.

Return to “Great Lakes Region”