Parking light brake problem

Anything automotive in nature, be it Nissan or one of those "other" manufacturers.

Moderator: volvite

dudeman

Parking light brake problem

Postby dudeman » Sun Sep 13, 2009 9:37 am

2000 Pathfinder. Hope someone has seen this before. Motor doesn't even have to be running. Press the brake and the right turning signal light on the dash illuminates solid. Start the engine and turning signals work fine until you press the brake then the right signal stops blinking and the lights stay solid front and back. It doesn't happen on the left side. Take you foot off the brake pedal and the signal works again. I also started hearing a clicking sound underneath the shifter now when I press the brake. Pulled the cover and saw what was clicking but not sure why. Anyone have this happen before? Thanks.

marvmmarv

Postby marvmmarv » Fri Sep 25, 2009 8:34 pm

The turn signal is shorted to the brake lights system somewhere. I would start at the bulbs because that's the easiest to reach. Remove the right side turn signal and brake light bulbs, one at a time and check to see if the problem is fixed. If that's not it, the problem is probably in the wiring or one of the switches. Have you done anything with the trailer wiring recently? That could do it too. Specifically, check the ground wires at the bulbs.

Return to “General Automotive”