Broken microfilter assembly lid

The Gas and Diesel Engines - VQ40De, VK56DE, YD25DDTi, V9X, Transmission, Transfer Case, Oil, Differentials, Axles, Exhaust...

Moderator: volvite

slavabon

Broken microfilter assembly lid

Postby slavabon » Sat Oct 10, 2009 7:38 pm

I was hoping someone may know a source where I can find a replacement microfilter assembly lid? Mine has all the tabs broken and would not stay in place if not duck-taped to the assembly. I could not locate the part number on Courtesy Nissan, but have yet to talk to a local dealer about it. Any leads would be appreciated.

Suliman

Postby Suliman » Sat Oct 10, 2009 9:26 pm

Haha, mines hanging by a thread (or sliver of plastic). I think you can just get a screw and a wing nut, and all will be good. Can anyone confirm?

xd9-g19

Postby xd9-g19 » Sat Oct 10, 2009 9:31 pm

LOL, mine also, broke, but instead of a bolt its held on by zip tie.

slavabon

Postby slavabon » Sun Oct 11, 2009 10:35 am

I dont have any bolts on mine, just a few tabs that I found broken this time around. whoever did these last time just broke the lid tabs and duck-taped the thing back. I may try zip ties if I don't find anything in the local junk yard.

cruzstyle

Postby cruzstyle » Sun Oct 11, 2009 5:58 pm

are we talking about the intake filter assembly?

xd9-g19

Postby xd9-g19 » Sun Oct 11, 2009 8:47 pm

No, im pretty sure he is talking about the micro airfilter behind the glove box, it uses 2 rectangular air filter/cabin air filter.

bigmankz

Postby bigmankz » Sun Oct 11, 2009 10:14 pm

LOL, I also broke few tabs when replacing the filter. :) I used a screw at the top and ties in the bottom. :)

cruzstyle

Postby cruzstyle » Mon Oct 12, 2009 7:05 am

O... ok....lol that makes sense now

myriad46

Postby myriad46 » Tue Oct 13, 2009 6:12 am

Courtesy of Courtesyparts.com. Keep in mind, I searched for an 05. It's listed under Body Electrical | Heater-Blowe Unit...

http://www.courtesyparts.com/pathfinder ... _6883.html

It looks like the cover is part #:27122 ($8.68), and the bolt to hold it on is part #: 27020B ($5.01). I don't think anyone's came with a bolt in this cover. It's interesting that it's a listed part.

The picture is a little hard to desipher, but that appears to be the cover that the tabs break on (mine too), covering the cabin filters.

I'd be interested to hear if that is the right part.

2008PatherfinderS

Postby 2008PatherfinderS » Tue Oct 13, 2009 8:08 pm

Mine is off too. WHen I changed the filters, the tab that holds it in place broke right in my hand when I tried to remove the cover. There was no bolt. So far the only flaw I've found in my Pathy.

Tech

Postby Tech » Tue Oct 13, 2009 9:37 pm

HEY GUYS!

Try to replace them after running the heat for a few minutes, it makes the plastic more flexible.

If you broke it off, no need for zip-ties and duct tape. If you look at the box, there is a provision to add a speed-nut (one of those clip with a threaded boss things - like for your license plate) and a bolt - again, same size as your license plate. (10mm head). I've even seen some with the speed-nut installed from factory.

you can pick up the speed nut and bolt for under $1 for both from anywhere, if you don't have one kicking around.

slavabon

Postby slavabon » Wed Oct 14, 2009 9:12 am

Myriad46, thanks for the diagram, i tried to look it up but could not find it there. it looks like the correct part. I will stop by the dealer to see if they have if and if I can take a look at it.
Tech, I will have to look at it again. I did see a tab for the threaded speed-nut. I may have to go that route if I don't find a replacement cover. it looks like its a more permanent soultion anyways. I think its a matter of time until the new part will break again.

Tech

Postby Tech » Wed Oct 14, 2009 5:01 pm

slavbon, the tab the usually breaks isn't actually on the lid anyway, it's part of the heater box asmb. Only the recieving loop is on the lid. The spot for the speednut is a slot running vertically on the left of center of the lid, at the top. It's far more reusable, and secure. Don't put the lid on with a questionable tab, cause when it lets go and the lid falls off, the tab will find it's home in your blower motor.

FRD

Where is the dang cover, in cabin filter?

Postby FRD » Mon Oct 26, 2009 10:38 am

I have dropped the glove box on my 2005 Pathy and see nothing that even looks like a cover with a nut to take off to get to the filter ? Any help or picture/explanation would be appreciated...thanks. FRD

Tech

Postby Tech » Mon Oct 26, 2009 10:53 am

With the first replacement, there will be no nut (bolt actually). Directly behind the glove box, you will see a horizontal cover, about 1-1/2 inches high, maybe 6" across, at the top of it will be a little tang holding it in place, at the bottom 2 (i think) tongues that slide into reciever holes. You have to gently lift up on the upper tab and pull the top of the cover out towards you, then out of the lower holders. What every one is talking about is that upper tab, it's sometimes easy to break off. If it breaks, don't sweat. Look to the upper left of the cover/box. You will see a slot that lines up to a hole on the cover. Should you break the tab off or bend it so there's insufficient tension, you can add a speed-nut and bolt. If you run the heater for a while or park indoors, you have a better chance of not breaking it, but its no gaurantee. The filter is a 2 parter, make sure the first half goes in all the way and over all the way or you'll end up with a gap..you'll see....it sounds way worse than it is...go for it.

Return to “R51 Engine, Driveline and Powertrain”