2005 Pathfinder shuts off while moving.

Topics related to Lights, Radio, Stereo, Headunits, Alternators...

Moderator: volvite

disallow
Site Admin

Postby disallow » Sun Dec 27, 2009 11:44 am

Loi617 wrote:
disallow wrote:
Loi617 wrote:dammit my car have the same problem again. this time i recorded it so you guys can hear how it sounds like. is this what happen to your car too? let me know

if anyone can help me out or prob know what the problem is let me know thanks!

give me a call at 2395603647 if u know the problem, thanks for the help people

i own a 2005 NISSAN PATHFINDER V6 4.0 RWD SE EDITION

here let me know what you think. CHECK ENGINE LIGHT IS ON TOO!

VIDEO OF IT WONT STARTING! LISTEN TO HOW ITS TRYING TO START!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=whSoCtCEzF8

FINALLY
THIS IS A COUPLE MINS AFTER I GOT IT STARTED

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r8ouGEcKQME
It sounds flooded (cranking well, with the occasional skip like its trying to start). Next time you try to start it if it does this, push the accelerator to the floor to clear the injectors while you are turning the key. Has it sat for a while?

With the Service Engine Soon light, you need to tell us the code that the ECU is throwing, there is a method of doing this by putting the truck into a diagnostic mode and counting the flashes of the lights. You can also take to most any autoparts chain and they will read the code for you.

The code with be 4 digits.

t

the car is driven daily. the car doesnt really sit there. we use it as a daily drive. um yeah i can try to get the code cause i really want to fix this problem. and when i do try to start it. i do put my foot to the floor and try to floor it. so yeah. i just want to get this problem fix and over with. thanks for helping me out man i really appriciate it

oh and its a new battery too
Your battery sounded new! :)

Definitely sounds like it could be a leaky injector. Your at the right mileage. Basically, they can't fully close anymore, and allow fuel to leak overnight. Then you get a flooded no start condition in the morning when you go to start.

I suggest running some good quality fuel through it, as well as some Lucas Oil Fuel treatment.

t

djbit

Postby djbit » Tue Feb 09, 2010 10:57 pm

So did you ever get your Path working?

doctorwhom

Postby doctorwhom » Mon May 21, 2012 6:36 pm

djbit wrote:So did you ever get your Path working?
I have this same problem...92,000 miles...The car doesn't sit...Had the ECM relay recalled and replaced on Feb. 2011...New Fuel pump about 5 months ago...All of these things occur like the youtube video...It has died while driving...it has done all of this...
I'm getting pretty fed up w/ this vehicle...After reading nearly a thousand posts over the weekend, I called the Nissan dealer today and said to check the IPDM...
They've had my Pathfinder for over a week...first they said it the BCM Body Control Module was bad...then said the Fuel Sending Unit was bad...Well, they all turned out fine...
So. . . They told me it's not the IPDM...
I feel like we are at a stand still . . . They do not have a clue what is wrong w/ my Pathfinder! ! ! ! ! ! :?:

MaverickMach5

Postby MaverickMach5 » Sun Oct 18, 2015 2:13 pm

Just started having same issue as described and shown on video. Got my car 2005 Pathfinder 63,000 miles to the shop with the mechanic trying to figure out what's going on. If any luck I will post as to I see so many people on many sites post same problem.
Last edited by MaverickMach5 on Thu Oct 22, 2015 3:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MaverickMach5

Postby MaverickMach5 » Thu Oct 22, 2015 3:54 pm

Well my mechanic did a lot of different testing on my vehicle. The final thing he changed the ECM relay with the fog light relay and the car started up and ran without any issues. Gonna run it for a longer period of time if any changes I will update but as of now this seems to have solved the problem. The relay was causing an issue as to every time it cranked it would not allow the computer any codes or engine light to come on. At least that's what the mechanic told me. Hope this helps.

eieio
Sponsored Member

Postby eieio » Thu Oct 22, 2015 6:34 pm

MaverickMach5 wrote:Well my mechanic did a lot of different testing on my vehicle. The final thing he changed the ECM relay with the fog light relay and the car started up and ran without any issues. Gonna run it for a longer period of time if any changes I will update but as of now this seems to have solved the problem. The relay was causing an issue as to every time it cranked it would not allow the computer any codes or engine light to come on. At least that's what the mechanic told me. Hope this helps.
recall campaign, ECM Relay: http://www.nissanassist.com/web/ECMRela ... hp?menu=41

Return to “R51 Electrical”