DIY: 2006 Nav AUX input.

Oh yeah, it's the geek bling with flashing lights, just can't get enough.

Moderator: volvite

chuck_d_54

Completed with some flaws - help!

Postby chuck_d_54 » Tue Jan 22, 2013 1:24 pm

So I completed the mod pretty easily but I am having some issues with it. I know there some posts about having to crank the volume up, well that is one of the issues I am having. The other issue is that the right speakers are incredibly weak, and vocals only come out of the left front speaker, when I charge my iphone this flip flops so that the vocals come out of the right speakers. Really weird and REALLY annoying since I am the kind of person that just can't tune that out. Anyone run into this problem and have a way of fixing it??? Thanks to everyone that posted on how to do the mod by the way!

halcyon026

Postby halcyon026 » Tue Jan 22, 2013 5:05 pm

I'm going to try this on my Pathfinder with the rear DVD in place.

I'll use the 3.5mm jack suggested here so it will switch between the DVD player and the AUX port. I won't have to mod the harness other than splicing into the Left/Right audio cables.

I'm going to try & use something like this inline pre-amp if I find the audio needs to be cranked up too much.

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_303 ... 34-MC.html

leplascencia

Postby leplascencia » Wed Dec 11, 2013 3:34 am

well this is my first post, I am trying this mod and my radio does not switch from cd to rear av,I have a 2006 Pathfinder with Bose radio, any help would be appreciated

Thank you

scottdeeley

Postby scottdeeley » Sun Apr 13, 2014 9:19 am

New member to the forum bringing this thread back from the dead! I recently purchased an 06 LE and I am dying for an auxiliary input! It feels like I haven't burnt CD's in years! haha

I just have 1 question about this mod. When wiring up the new harness do you figure it work if you just ran the 2 wires from the male end of an 3.5mm auxiliary jack to the RH/LH wires on the new(71-7522) harness? I just want the cable either in my glove box or the center console.

chuck_d_54

Postby chuck_d_54 » Mon Apr 14, 2014 1:56 pm

leplascencia wrote:well this is my first post, I am trying this mod and my radio does not switch from cd to rear av,I have a 2006 Pathfinder with Bose radio, any help would be appreciated

Thank you
It won't switch to rear av until it is hooked up correctly, hitting the cd button will cycle the mode between dvd and cd when it is hooked up right and dvd will be the mode you will have it on when playing through the aux cable

kev1n

Postby kev1n » Tue Jun 24, 2014 6:05 pm

leplascencia wrote:well this is my first post, I am trying this mod and my radio does not switch from cd to rear av,I have a 2006 Pathfinder with Bose radio, any help would be appreciated

Thank you
Did you connect pins 39 and 40 together ? That makes the system think something is connected to the rear AV button and will enable those inputs.

usallens

Postby usallens » Mon Jun 30, 2014 7:11 am

I just completed this last week. Everything works great with no real issues except my son's tablet plays quieter than MP3's through my cell phone. Odd since my phone is a Galaxy S3 and my son's tablet is a Galaxy tab.

Thanks to all who posted with this mod.

Rob Rocco

Re: Hi, quick question here

Postby Rob Rocco » Thu Jun 25, 2015 2:06 pm

ercaza wrote:I want to do this project but have a doubt.

On the first picture the cables are all the way to the right but in the diagram of the M46 pins , the 39 and 40 pins are on the left side.

Which side is correct?

Sorry but I'm new to this kind of job.

Thank you all!
Finished this yesterday and it works perfectly. I was confused about the apparent discrepancy between the photo and the pin layout diagram too, but they're both correct. The pin layout diagram is looking at the wiring harness head-on (from the perspective of the back of the stereo).

I was having volume issues at first, but turning my iPhone up to max volume worked.

Mrflacoman

Help

Postby Mrflacoman » Tue Aug 25, 2015 7:38 pm

I tried this but it did not work.. can someone help.. would like picks or a simpler explanation of the numbers 39 & 40.. thanks

forcryingoutloud

Postby forcryingoutloud » Wed Aug 26, 2015 5:05 pm

I completed this project today. Which part are you unclear on?

Pin 39 should be connected to pin 40. Pins 37 and 36 connect to the right audio channel. Pins 35 and 34 connect to the left audio channel.

When facing the back of the stereo, pin 40 is top right.

I used female RCA connectors (center is positive, outer is negative), then connected a male-RCA-to-headphone-jack cable to hook up my phone.

Mrflacoman

Postby Mrflacoman » Thu Aug 27, 2015 4:16 am

forcryingoutloud wrote:I completed this project today. Which part are you unclear on?

Pin 39 should be connected to pin 40. Pins 37 and 36 connect to the right audio channel. Pins 35 and 34 connect to the left audio channel.

I used female RCA connectors (center is positive, outer is negative), then connected a male-RCA-to-headphone-jack cable to hook up my phone.
Could you be able to send pics of it finished to see what I did wrong? Thanks

forcryingoutloud

Postby forcryingoutloud » Thu Aug 27, 2015 9:35 am

I don't have time to pull my stereo out right now. Post some photos of yours so we can see what's going on.

Scubadivingpoop

Postby Scubadivingpoop » Thu Sep 17, 2015 9:54 pm

forcryingoutloud wrote:I completed this project today. Which part are you unclear on?

Okay so I'm a little confused about the RH+/ RH- and LH+ / LH-. Pins 36- and 37+ are for Right so do loop them together and wire it into the Right (Center) Positive female RCA connector. or does the RH- and LH- go to ground?

Specifically can someone tell me what Pin wire goes where. I plan on using a female RCA connection and then connecting it to Male RCA to Headphone Jack

forcryingoutloud

Postby forcryingoutloud » Fri Sep 18, 2015 9:11 am

RH+ connects to the center pin on the red RCA connector. RH- connects to the outer pin (ground).

LH+ goes to the center pin on the black (or white) RCA connector. LH- connects to the outer pin (ground).

The wires from pins 39 and 40 should be connected to each other creating a loop.

forcryingoutloud

Postby forcryingoutloud » Fri Sep 18, 2015 9:17 am

I don't have any progress pics, but here's my finished aux port

Return to “NAV/GPS/Audio/Electronics”